No announcement yet.

Trailair Equa Flex & Center Point Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is a copy of the response i recieved from trailair on a previous thread.

i sent an email to trailaire about air pressure in my suspension with the gvwr of 17,500 lbs for my 08rssb3. here is the reply i received:

Here is how we figure the air pressure on tandem axle, single gauge systems.
    If your GVWR is 17500.
    Your hitch weight is 18% (we also sometimes use 20%) thus 3150#'s of hitch
    weight
    So take 17500 - 3150 = 14350
    Now take 14350 divide it by 1000 = 14.35
    Now take 14.35 x 5 = 71.75
    So your looking at 70 to 75 pound of pressure.

One more thing, if you system has two gauges, thus two fill valves making
    the sides independent...
    Split that in half, and you would run about 36 to 40 pounds of air pressure
    per side.

she also added:

Measure across the middle of the air spring from the outside edge of
    the metal cap across the two black bellows to the outside edge of the metal
    cap. This should be five and a quarter inches left to right across the
    center of the bag outside to outside.

Comment

Funny stuff Lindy.

Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy View Post
      Well I'm for sure confused now... We have the Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3 with the vanity slide, side by side W/D etc? I don't understand how my off door side want be heavier than the door side.. I think David said that his 5th wheel is heavier on the door side or did I read it wrong ?? I always have had 70 lb on the off door side and 60 lb on the door side. I never lower the Center point when setting up, I can see were it would lower the chassis some, and shorted the Jacks and might be less movement. And to that point I quit worrying about movement. I tried everything and nothing stopped the movement.

Dale Fenton told me the correct setting for the center point when traveling is with the bags centered and you can visually check it on level ground if set correct. I do believe the Center Point is a good system.. I also like the Independent suspension also, the only issue is, and I know people who have had to return to Mor/Ryde because of unusual tire wear?? I'm going to have to get the front axle checked on the door side the tire is wearing completely smooth but the tire has worn faster than the other 3. I don't understand how that happened. Normally uneven wear will occur.. Going to try to find a place that has a laser system to have it checked... However I will probably replace the tire's prior to our trip to Colorado. However the Goodyear G114 have done real well, but the mile we have ran in over 2.5 years I had rather replace the tire much cheaper that replacing the fender wells.. However there are some who think I'm a cheerleader for Drv, because I don't have all the issue some have, actually its on another forum, but I still believe that Drv has the best 5th wheel for my use.... Happy Trails....

P.S. Drv, Please send my compensation to the Florida address, fuel is going up and I need my money now....
      Bruce
      2012 MS38RESB3 #6277
      2013 Super Duty F450 KR

Comment

I'm not sure where the "trailair" calculation came from, but I assure you it is WRONG. Prior to adding Mor/ryde IS, I ran 65psi on door side and 78psi on off door side. yes , yes, yes, the off dor side IS HEAVIER. An extra 250 lbs on the vanity slide puts less than 10% of that weight on the trailer axles as 90% of it is on the hitch! These pressures are determined by measuring width between where the air bag is bolted to insure that the arms are parallel. Once set the trailer must be moved on a level surface and reverified. Factory numbers are just a guess as they have no idea what we will load into out trailers, or what side it will be on!
        Bill & Jody
        2018 Cumberland (modified!)
        2016 F450 DRW4X hauler

Comment

I have the TrailAir system in my Atlanta. It is triple axle, and suggests around 65 PSI on one side and 60 on the other.

We recently made a trip in a part of Texas with roads all torn up from oilfield traffic, and had a door off the hinge and two broken cabinet shelves when we got there. I pressurized the system to suggested specs before leaving, my question is, would you suggest going more air or less to smooth out the road?

Comment

Originally posted by ranchertx View Post
            I have the TrailAir system in my Atlanta. It is triple axle, and suggests around 65 PSI on one side and 60 on the other.

We recently made a trip in a part of Texas with roads all torn up from oilfield traffic, and had a door off the hinge and two broken cabinet shelves when we got there. I pressurized the system to suggested specs before leaving, my question is, would you suggest going more air or less to smooth out the road?
            Hitch up pull onto level ground look at the steel plates on each side of each air bag. Proper pressure is when the plates are parallel to to each other. Mine are around 55 psi +-. My RV weighs 20K.
            39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Be sure to disconnect the 7 pin hookup cable so the brakes don't activate. I found the application of the brakes change the parallel position when I was testing.
              Dave
              David & Joyce Robinson
              2011 MS 38TKSB4 #5535
              Winter work camping Sebastian Fl.
              Summer in mountains of NC.

Vanity slide, FP, vac, , level-up,
              thermo pane windows, dinette awning.
              240 volt dryer, residential fridge, roof
              satellite, Mor\Ryde pin box. Two bicycles
              on front, two kayaks on back.

2008 F-350 4X4 Diesel CC LB H&S Tuner
              Pressure Pro(10 tires), fold-a-cover, train horns,
              34 gal fuel/tool in bed aux. tank, Trailer Saver.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X