Dometic Replacement AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic Replacement AC

Looking on Dometic's site and some supplier's sites, I can no longer find the low profile 15000 btu ac's. Looks like the only make them in 11000 and 13500 btu models now. What can you replace the 15000 with and what is DRV using. They show that 15000 low profile ac's are still on their units.
    Charles & Charlotte

2011 MS 36RSSB3
    2013 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch

I just looked on the Dometic web site, Campingworld and Tweety's web sites and still see the 15K Dometic Penguin listed as available. This is what DRV uses on their units.
    Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
    2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

This past summer I replaced our LR A/C and had some problems with the new Penguin talking to the old one in the BR through the thermostat.
      I hope your tech is more knowledgeable than our was. It took him 2 weeks for us to have a functional A/C.
      sigpic
      Bob & Judy Schmader
      2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
      2001 F550 Starhauler
      www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
      IN GOD WE TRUST

Comment

I recently went through this problem with my 15,000 low profile dometic ducted roof air on another fifth wheel. I talked extensively with the dometic folks and they no longer sell the 15,000 unit but instead sell the 13,500 "high capacity" unit to replace it. They also have discontinued the electronic board in the 15,000 unit so when yours goes out, eBay or other third party is your only hope. I chose to keep and repair my older unit as I didn't want to give up its great cooling capacity.
        2008 Mobile Suites RE3
        2004 F450 Chassis Cab 6.0
        w/Bulletproof EGR cooler
        TS3 in bed hitch

Comment

Just replaced a 15k on ours. It was the living room unit so we used the standard height unit. Now if you have a flat roof that would not work. We put the newest version on.
          2012 Chevrolet 3500 dually CM ER Hauler bed with E-Z Floater air hitch . Sold 2006 Doubletree 32TK3

Comment

What units are going on the new DRV's? All three going on our ordered 39TKSB3 are 15K.
            39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

They also offered the low profile, we just elected for full height due to it being in rear. Penguin 2
              2012 Chevrolet 3500 dually CM ER Hauler bed with E-Z Floater air hitch . Sold 2006 Doubletree 32TK3

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn West View Post
                They also offered the low profile, we just elected for full height due to it being in rear. Penguin 2
                What is the advantage to the full height vs low pro?
                Happy Trails To You

Tom & Cheryl Brockman
                2015 39DBRS3, 2011 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins
                S.O.I.T.C. Charter Member
                Retired & Full timing

Comment

The Brisk 2 is the latest unit. It isn't available in a low profile. The Brisk has larger fans for increased air flow. It is rather good also, air flow. Saved some money due to increased availability. I originally wanted to go to Coleman HPs but I would have to replace both or two thermostats.

Comment

I just bought 2 "High Capacity" Penguin II units and a new CCC 2 thermostat from AmericanRVCompany.com to replace my old Penguin units. The Dometic site shows the specs for the "High Capacity" units to be 15,000 BTU. Total bill with an extra roof seal (to cut up for the cross piece) was $2,065.11, delivery and insurance included. I got them in 10 days. After talking to several techs in the area I have decided to install them myself on Saturday (waiting due to rainy weather). I'm camping in a small central Texas town and I think since we have a Mobile Suites they think it looks like a good payday. $750 is the best install quote I can find here. If anyone has any "be sure to" advice I would appreciate it.
                    Rick & Cathy
                    '01 Ford F-350, DRW, 2wd, crew cab, 7.3 diesel, Banks equipment
                    '04 MS 36TK3, #990
                    Full Time
                    sigpic

Comment

All I can offer in the "be sure to" department is "don't fall off the roof".
                      sigpic
                      Bob & Judy Schmader
                      2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
                      2001 F550 Starhauler
                      www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
                      IN GOD WE TRUST

Comment

Working...
                      X