Mor/ryde pin box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mor/ryde pin box

Found a great deal on the Mor/ryde RPB72-1621SHD-06 (18,000# and over GVWR) pin box from Amazon.com. It has arrived and is installed. Will test drive soon.

Currently listed for $447.32 and FREE SHIPPING!
    Dave
    David & Joyce Robinson
    2011 MS 38TKSB4 #5535
    Winter work camping Sebastian Fl.
    Summer in mountains of NC.

Vanity slide, FP, vac, , level-up,
    thermo pane windows, dinette awning.
    240 volt dryer, residential fridge, roof
    satellite, Mor\Ryde pin box. Two bicycles
    on front, two kayaks on back.

2008 F-350 4X4 Diesel CC LB H&S Tuner
    Pressure Pro(10 tires), fold-a-cover, train horns,
    34 gal fuel/tool in bed aux. tank, Trailer Saver.
    sigpic

We switched our 5th airborne out for the Mor/ryde to help with the chucking during braking with our F450. Real happy with the results. Hope it goes well for you, too. David
    David & Donna Driver |2017 F350 | 2011 MS 36RSSB3 w/Vanity Slide (#5642)
    sigpic

Comment

You will love the way it solves the chucking issues and with air bags like you already have, you should have a great combination and great ride when towing.
      Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
      2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

Dave glad you found your hitch. Hope the ride improves as much as mine did, let me know. Hope everything is going well, miss you guys, had a great time at the rally. Hope we can hook up again sometime, may be in Florida? Still working on retirement.
        John and Jan
        2014 MobileSuites 38RSSB3
        2011 Silverado LTZ 3500HD DRW

Comment

I wish they would combine the MorRyde with the TrailAir air bag kingpin. The TriGlide works ok. Looks like the MorRyde would work better.
          39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

We switched from the TrailAir to the Mor/Ryde last year and it made a big difference in the chucking. We are very pleased with the Mor/Ryde.
            Al & Ann Kelty
            2015 Mobile Suite PS3 with Vanity Slide
            2012 Dodge Ram Laramie 3500 6.7 HO
            AMSOIL Bumper to Bumper
            Meg Hytec Transmission and Differential Covers
            Edge Insight
            Trailer Saver Hitch
            Firestone Air Bags
            ReTrax Pro Bed Cover
            TST Tire Monitoring System

Comment

My drv dealer said to stick with the Mor/ride pin.. when I said add the trail air in replace of it.. I had thought it was better because it had bags.. Sounds like they where right..
              2013 3500 RAM DRW Longhorn 4X4 , Aisen , 4.10 , Longbox
              2015 Lexington MS
              2015 Hyundai Elantra

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” ― Albert Einstein

Comment

I can only say that I've pulled a 2011 MS 36TKSB3 with the MorRyde pin box (our daughter and son-in-law's Mobile Suites) and our 2014 with the TrailAir tri-glide pin box (i.e., the Demco GlideRide type fore/aft compliance linkage) as well as our 2004 MS 36RE3 with the Demco GlideRide pin box. I experienced severe surging/chucking with the 2011 with the MorRyde pin box on Houston's west Sam Houston Tollway (a concrete surfaced freeway) that I did not experience with either our 2004 MS 36RE3 with the Demco GlideRide pin box or the 2014 MS 38RSSA with the TrailAir tri-glide pin box.

As I said, YMMV, but that's my firsthand experience actually towing each of the 3 trailers listed above over the same section of freeway with the same truck.

Rusty
                Rusty & Sandy Creekmore
                2 Shelties - Coby & Callie + Conner the Campground Cat

Prior - 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291; Current - 2014.5 MS 38RSSA #6972

2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn Crew Cab Long Bed, 4x4, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10, B&W RVK3600 hitch

Comment

I was happy with our setup without the triglide and I can say it gives a feeling of a tugging like a rubber band kind of a weird feeling. I guess I am used to it now. I never had a chucking problem just added it because I thought it would improve things. I have never used a MorRyde I just assumed they worked better than the TriGlide. I have been extremely impressed with the TrailAir air bag kingpin and would not be without it!

IMHO Junkman I would stick with the TrailAir with the TriGlide. Unless you are going to go to the Trailsaver Air bag hitch then the MorRyde would be the way to go.
                  39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Sounds like there are many varables into the issue.. shocks, weight, pin box, hitch, even how you drive may be a issue,the road, I bet tranny shifting could effect it too..

I know my ram drops into 1st gear .. hard, just before stopping.. I'm sure that will be fun..
                    2015 Lexington MS
                    2015 Hyundai Elantra

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Junkman,
                      Not a Dodge guy, but that hard shift doesn't sound right. How 'bout it, Cummins?
                      Joe
                      2005 36TK3 #1869
                      2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

The hard shift into first may be unique to the Aisin tranny as my 68RFE doesn't do it. Junkman, are you current on all your reflashes? Your dealer should update them whenever you go in for service. A quick check of some of the Ram forums stated that others who experienced this problem had it cured by the tech putting the trans into "relearn" mode and allowing it to rebuild its adaptive maps based on your driving habits.

Don't you just love all the electronics???

Rusty
                        Rusty & Sandy Creekmore
                        2 Shelties - Coby & Callie + Conner the Campground Cat

Prior - 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291; Current - 2014.5 MS 38RSSA #6972

2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn Crew Cab Long Bed, 4x4, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10, B&W RVK3600 hitch

Comment

I mentioned it last oil change. They said it was normal..

It does no seem it to me. I will be getting the oil changed in a week or 2 and will try to get them to have a look again.

It downshifts into 1st, kinda hard pulling up up to a red light. Upshift are all good. and the other down shifts are fine.

They said that is normal..

Added the 100k / 5 year bumper to bumper warranty recently.. Let it blow up.. they can install another..lol
                          2015 Lexington MS
                          2015 Hyundai Elantra

Comment

Just called the dealer.. yep.. relearn.. Dropping it off tuesday..

Thank you !
                            2015 Lexington MS
                            2015 Hyundai Elantra

Comment

Originally posted by The Junkman View Post
                              I mentioned it last oil change. They said it was normal..

It does no seem it to me. I will be getting the oil changed in a week or 2 and will try to get them to have a look again.

It downshifts into 1st, kinda hard pulling up up to a red light. Upshift are all good. and the other down shifts are fine.

They said that is normal..

Added the 100k / 5 year bumper to bumper warranty recently.. Let it blow up.. they can install another..lol
                              You had a 5 year 100K power train warranty from the factory that covered the transmission.
                              39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Working...
                              X