Propane Quick-Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane Quick-Connect

Our dealer pointed out the propane line quick-connect outlet below the door-side bay door. What hose do we get to connect our Weber Q grill. The hardware store we visited didn't have a clue.
    John and Carol
    2014 Mobile Suites TK3
    2014 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW

John and Carol,
    I have the same thing and first you will need to determine the size of the quick connect for the male end to fit. Second, you will need to remove the regulator from your grill and get a fitting that will fit in the spot the regulator unscrews from. I went to a propane dealer that sold parts and had them cut me a 15' hose and put the male end and the part to screw into the grill on the hose. I then put propane tape on the part that screws to the grill and attached and all is good! Only wish I would have gone to a 20' hose for more flexibility on positioning the grill.
    Lon
    Lon & Barb Myhre
    2010 MS 38 TKSB #5313

Comment

If you have the skills and can't find the parts locally, this place has what you need to make up your own hose and adaptors.
      http://www.propaneproducts.com

For my new rig I bought a natural gas bbq hose with fittings from my local hardware store. I couldn't find a male QDC fitting locally, so I changed male and female parts and added a separate gas shut off valve. I also used the yellow gas PTFE tape, but a good pipe thread compound will also suffice.
      Bill M, Ontario, Canada
      2015 MS 38RSSA #7348.
      2009 Ram Dually Diesel, 68RFE, 4.10 axles.
      In Good I Trust

Comment

Camping World and many other dealers sell all the parts you need including pre made hoses up to 15 foot. Note: if your grill has a regulator, you will need to remove it as the quick connect is after the regulator on the coach. Other wise you will not get suficient flow to work correctly.

Bill

Comment

Thanks for the good advice. We will go to a propane dealer when we get to Arizona.
          John and Carol
          2014 Mobile Suites TK3
          2014 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW

Comment

Mine came with the coupler in the kitchen draw..
            2013 3500 RAM DRW Longhorn 4X4 , Aisen , 4.10 , Longbox
            2015 Lexington MS
            2015 Hyundai Elantra

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” ― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X