Best sewer hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best sewer hose?

On to a crappy subject so to speak....Like most here, I have tried several types of sewer hoses, connections and fittings with varying results (we all know what happens when they fail....). I am thinking about adding a twist gate valve to connect my sewer hoses (I hate those unexpected "drips") and buy a new sewer hose after a slight drip this past weekend when dumping the grey water tank to flush the line. Has anyone here used the Waste Master hose system? I like the cam lock fittings (used them dropping gasoline without any leaks) as they are very dependable but still wonder how well the cam lock adapter on the coach will work. Anyone know of an easy way to lock the adapter to the cam lock fitting short of glueing it in place?

I don't mind paying more if the hoses last a long time but I haven't known anyone that uses the waste master system. It looks to solve a few problems with a valve on the 90 degree fitting and a cam lock plug on the coach end to seal the pipe during transport. Between that and adding a gate at the connection point as well as a plug at that connection, it should eliminate an "oops" when you least expect it....

If anyone has a better idea for a hose, I'm all "nose" so to speak.....

David
    2012 Freightliner M2-112 with DD13, Allison 4000 and Trailer Saver

2015 38RSSA Elite #7598

David,
    What I use is not really a hose but a expandable pipe from EZE Kleen System. Terry has this system when he was in Oklahoma, and me being stuck in Kansas this winter I ordered it, as last winter my flex hose froze up, replaced it several times. Since getting this system no freeze up's, but it does use the rv attachment system.
    I am very happy with it, and it travels well in the bed of the truck.
    Maybe Terry will chime in now that he is in Colorado and in lost of cold and snow. Today the temps here are 3 degrees with the wind chill below 25, and the water is still running down the pipe.

Here is the web site for anyone interested http://www.ezekleensystem.com/

Roger

Comment

Been using a Rhino setup now for several years, has worked well. There are several others now that claim to be tougher than a regular (that would not take much) hose. One says the ribs are only on the outside for a smooth flow surface. I guess this is another 'personal choice' as to what would work best for you--but in any instance, it is a crappy chore. I also added a shutoff valve on the outlet, after moving the outlet forward to get it out from under the slide. No more drip/accidents--if I remember to close it.
      Joe
      2005 36TK3 #1869
      2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

I can't speak to the Waste Master system. We've been using the same Dominator system now for 5 years and the hose and fittings still look and work like new. I cleaned it up and inspected it prior to using on our new rig last year and even filled it with water for a leak test. The hose has seen plenty of sun exposure - 5 winters in Texas, and 1 year of full timing. I've stepped on it a few times and have been able to reform it easily (I step on it from another direction!) I use a clear 45 degree elbow at the trailer end to assess flushing progress. To date we've had no leaks at our fittings.
        Bill M, Ontario, Canada
        2015 MS 38RSSA #7348.
        2009 Ram Dually Diesel, 68RFE, 4.10 axles.
        In Good I Trust

Comment

We've had the same Rhino hose for a few years now and have used it on 2 different rvs. The hose itself has been great. The connectors do leak a few drops on initial valve opening when there's that sudden rush of liquids. The dripping only lasts a few seconds though.

I'm seriously looking at installing a composting toilet (Nature's Head) and combining the gray and black tanks for more gray water holding capacity when at places without FHUs. The only obstacle is getting the Mrs to fully wrap her head around the idea. She's slowly coming on board with the idea and I'm anticipating installing it this summer.
          Jim & Barb
          www.suiteadventure.com

2013 Ram 3500, Longhorn, Dually, 4x4, Aisin, 4.10, Transfer Flow Aux/Trax II
          2014 Hyundai Tucson (grocery-getter)
          2014.5 Mobile Suites #7039 SOLD!
          Full timers 2013-2015

Previous:
          Volvo 770
          2006 Mobile Suites

Comment

Originally posted by jbbdc View Post
            We've had the same Rhino hose for a few years now and have used it on 2 different rvs. The hose itself has been great. The connectors do leak a few drops on initial valve opening when there's that sudden rush of liquids. The dripping only lasts a few seconds though.

I'm seriously looking at installing a composting toilet (Nature's Head) and combining the gray and black tanks for more gray water holding capacity when at places without FHUs. The only obstacle is getting the Mrs to fully wrap her head around the idea. She's slowly coming on board with the idea and I'm anticipating installing it this summer.
            I would not like tieing the black and grey tanks together because we leave our grey tank valve open all the time.

Joe
            2014 Dodge 3500 Laramie 4x4 Flame Red Dually 3.73 Aisin transmission
            2012 DRV Select Suites 38TKSB3 #6011

Comment

I'm probably the original EZ Kleen system user on here. I have the pivot assembly attached to the DRV's connection. The pivot allows the hose to be swung parallel to the trailer, laid into U bracket and secured with piece of chain and snap links. I NEVER have to touch the hose, walk the sludge down the hose or clean it out! I set up the sewer in less than 45 secs by grabbing the piece of PVC with the supplied pliers, swing it o¨t and over to the sewer connection, if I need more line I snap on another section. I drop the sewer L connection in the sewer and twist on the PVC line. Took longer to type than to do it. When packing up I connect a black hose to the pivot piece's water connection, turn the water on for 30 seconds, disconnect , collapse the PVC, swing it into place and hook it up with the chain. Slinkies are so messy with having "stuff" always left in the ridges. having to walk the residue out, etc. NOT for me! Want to see it in action- look here:
              http://www.ezekleensystem.com/ .
              John & Bonnie Mc Clun
              2008 F-450 King Ranch Dually
              2011 MS TKSB3 #5793
              http://drv-owners-manual.com

Comment

http://polychute.com/

I use this one. Not cheap.
                The only issue I have is that the ends do not remove so you cannot store in a tube.
                It comes with a tub for storage.

M

2011 Mobile Suite 38RSSB3
                2011 F450 (Das Beast)

Comment

Originally posted by JoeTex View Post
                  I would not like tieing the black and grey tanks together because we leave our grey tank valve open all the time.

Joe
                  Joe, they would basically become one large gray tank. The black tank would no longer be used as a traditional black tank.
                  Jim & Barb
                  www.suiteadventure.com

2013 Ram 3500, Longhorn, Dually, 4x4, Aisin, 4.10, Transfer Flow Aux/Trax II
                  2014 Hyundai Tucson (grocery-getter)
                  2014.5 Mobile Suites #7039 SOLD!
                  Full timers 2013-2015

Previous:
                  Volvo 770
                  2006 Mobile Suites

Comment

Using a mix of hoses.. they all seem to work. Red ones.. grey ones.. The new place I'm at we had to go buy more hose.. out about 35 feet . Here they use rain gutter, and lay the hose in it. Works great.

I can't see spending like $500 for a fancy system .. that a $6 piece of rain gutter will do.. I think I have like $80 in the whole run.

This is a old park, and not the norm. But now I'm ready for anywhere..
                    2013 3500 RAM DRW Longhorn 4X4 , Aisen , 4.10 , Longbox
                    2015 Lexington MS
                    2015 Hyundai Elantra

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” ― Albert Einstein

Comment

Mike, your Polychute looks just like the Waste Master system except for the trailer connection. The EzeKleen system looks very nice but I have stayed at two places where a tree would have prevented me from hooking up as I had to snake it around them to get to the dump. I do like the fact that is can be permanently attached to the trailer and just swung into position.

I might try to go with a Polychute or Waste Master and use this holder: Sewer pipe holder and either cut it into the side of the unit or mount it sideways underneath in front of the wheels.
                      2012 Freightliner M2-112 with DD13, Allison 4000 and Trailer Saver

2015 38RSSA Elite #7598

Comment

I've really liked our EZE-Kleen system, but as mentioned before, we stay in one place a lot. When we got ours and while I was setting it up, I took pictures of the various parts of the system and posted a blog entry that included those pictures.

At our location in Oklahoma City, we did have to add some extensions directly from the outlet on the trailer because of the angle of the sewer line. In OKC, we also had a very gentle slope, but we never had a freeze-up even with slow moving waste water. If we had any leaks, it was in those extensions that I put on. One of the pictures at the blog entry shows that each fitting of the EZE-Kleen has two O-rings, so there is absolutely no leakage there. If they ever do start to leak, all one has to do is buy new O-rings.

However, in spite of having the EZE-Kleen, I also carry some flexible sewer line, just for those few occasions where we are traveling. Here in Colorado, we have seen temps get down to a minus 6 degrees with no sewer problem. However, I usually keep the tank valves closed in Winter. My biggest problem with cold temps is if I need to dump in those temps, and then the grey tank valve is hard to pull. It works fine in warmer weather.

Here is a link to my blog entry on the EZE-Kleen: EZE-Kleen Sewer System

EDIT: I should mention that if one happens to have a circumstance where the park's/campground's sewer inlet is higher in elevation than the bottom of the 90-degree elbows, the EZE-Kleen would be more difficult to work with. Again, that's also why I have the flex hoses.

Terry
                        Last edited by millerjnt; 01-08-2015, 08:41 PM.
                        Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
                        2008 Ford F450
                        2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Working...
                        X