WiFi Ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiFi Ranger

I'm slowly getting through all the equipment on my new MS 40KSSB4. I had the factory install the WiFi Ranger option. I have set it up and renamed my network and changed the password. I have a question about the hardware. It appears the factory installed a Sky2 on the roof. I'm trying to figure out if they also installed a Core or a GoAC as part of the installation bundle. If they did, I can't find it. Does anyone know exactly what DRV installs with the WiFi Ranger option in their new trailers?
    2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
    2017 Mobile Suites 40KSSB4

I had the same question on our new coach. I emailed DRV and was told there are no additional components to the Sky2..... that is not what I expected when I ordered it, but that is the answer. For what it's worth, mine didn't work very well until I updated the firmware to the new version and now it works fine.
    2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suites
    2016 Western Star 5700xe
    Our YouTube Channel

Comment

Thanks for the response. This is pretty much what I figured from my brief investigation into my trailers set up. I really haven't had much time to play with it yet, but I have logged on and set it up. Mine is new enough that it came with the latest firmware. Hopefully I'll get some time to play with it this weekend.

Comment

I got the same answer. Actually ordered the Core from wifiRanger. Works great. I keep the Sky2 off most of the time and use the core as the master unit. It connects to my DSL modem when I'm at my home park and when away, I can use the Sky2 or cellular. All devices connect to the Core either wirelessly or via CAT-6. Simple setup and worth the small additional cost. I wish DRV would have installed the whole system at one time, it would have been cheaper.
        2016 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab Dually, LTZ
        2017 Mobile Suites 40KSSB4 highly Elited

Sold: 2006 HitchHiker II LS 29.5 FKTG

Comment

Where did you mount the core? Does the core have the capability to plug in a hotspot for internet?
          2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suites
          2016 Western Star 5700xe
          Our YouTube Channel

Comment

Also, did you connect the core and the Sky2 together or are they only communicating wirelessly?

Comment

I mounted my Core in the cabinets above the TV since its close to the phone port. Wirelessly connect to the Sky2 but connect the Core to the BD Player, DSL Modem, and Direct TV DVR with CAT 5/6 cables.
              2016 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab Dually, LTZ
              2017 Mobile Suites 40KSSB4 highly Elited

Sold: 2006 HitchHiker II LS 29.5 FKTG

Comment

Not much of a tech guy. We had the Verizon MiFi and it worked well with a little antenna attached to it. We now have phones with truly unlimited data, calling and texts. We canceld the MiFi and use our phones HotSpot for internet on our iMac tabletop computer, stream movies on NETFLIX on the TV etc. In the last 3 weeks we have used 150G.
                39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Working...
                X