D Moulding Slide Outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D Moulding Slide Outs

our 2014 has white D Moulding where the slides close. The mouldings have rotted with the UV. Any supplier others have used? $1.40 on eBay. Make cost colour and website would help.
    JTS
    2014 TKSB3

Not sure which molding you are referring to--is this the bulb gasket that goes around the opening of each slide to seal against the slide face/flange?
    2005 36TK3 #1869
    2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Try these folks
      https://bontragers.com/

Comment

A link to the product. Not sure if it is durable for slide. https://www.amazon.com/Products-018-...89R7294J2EBCJT
        the place in Michigan, their eBay folks and don't carry the Moulding.
        JTS
        2014 TKSB3

Comment

OK, understand. It can be purchased at most RV stores with a good inventory. I don't know that any one is better than the other. It takes a LOT of footage to go around the slides. Back when we had the '05, I replaced the black seal with a white one--no matter, it still ripped soon enough at the corners--was told this would happen by a couple of RV service centers.
          On our '15, I went around the area that the bulb seals against on the slide face with foam gasket that is used to seal a pickup topper to the side rails, because I was having water get in when traveling--so far, it has worked. So now I have the original bulb (D) seal + the foam rubber in place. Replacing the across-the-top piece is awkward work, I can tell you that....
          Joe
          2005 36TK3 #1869
          2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

i just replaced my d gaskets o n our 11 38rssb3, not hard, a heat gun can help pull old gasket of. used 150 ' of black d gasket with hat. got it from camping world. it has the good red tape

Comment

Ok. Black mouldings are much cheaper. AP makes most, and for sure with HATS. Thanks for your time
              JTS
              2014 TKSB3

Comment

Completed door side slide and vanity with the black AP D moulding with HATS made by 3m. $2 / ft. Very simple job. The white moulding rots, a known problem in the industry. Just make sure the area is clean when applying new stuff. RV shops want a fortune to do this job.
                JTS
                2014 TKSB3

Comment

Working...
                X