Refrig mud dauber screens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrig mud dauber screens

Anyone know where to find mud dauber screens to fit the small vents at the end of the long vents for my dometic ndr 1292 fridge? I've looked at jcj's website and camco's as well and just find the three long ones.
    Jerry & Jean
    2005 36TK3

When I had the previous '05 with that fridge in a slide, I just epoxied some screen wire cloth across the inside of vent openings.
    2005 36TK3 #1869
    2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Thanks Joe, I figure thats what I'll have to do.
      Jerry & Jean
      2005 36TK3

Comment

I have been fulltiming for about 15yrs and have never had any need to put screens on the fridge vents. Where do you travel where they are needed? Ill make sure I dont go there.

Comment

We did what Chandler did, we just used duct tape, it doesn't last forever
          Jan & Thomas
          2012 Mobile Suite 36RSSB3 #5942
          2012 Ford F350
          Fulltiming since 2006

Comment

If you go the tape route, use Gorilla tape, not duct tape...
            2005 36TK3 #1869
            2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
              I have been fulltiming for about 15yrs and have never had any need to put screens on the fridge vents. Where do you travel where they are needed? Ill make sure I dont go there.
              You probably don't need them since you fulltime. The high temperature in there may keep them out. I live in Tennessee and we have trouble not only in TN but in the Southeastern states with red wasps and dirt daubers building nests in anything they can get into.
              Jerry & Jean
              2005 36TK3

Comment

I contacted JCJ and they do have the screens to fit those small vents at the ends of the long vents although they are expensive. They run about $18 to $25 from different dealers for a package of three and it will take four packages. I may buy a package of the long vent screens and cut out some small ones. Thats what Camco RV parts suggested for me to do. Or I could just tape them up. As long as the vent fans are working it will probably get enough air circulation through the long vents.
                The part number for the small vent screens is JCJ R600A.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Chandler; 07-12-2018, 08:37 AM.
                Jerry & Jean
                2005 36TK3

Comment

Wow, I just went to the hardware store and bought a cut off section of screen they had for a few bucks. Used some adheasive caulking and cut the screens a bit bigger than the openings. Used the caulk to "glue" the screens into place. They lasted for all the years I had the trailer.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Stacey & Gail
                  E.W.I.G. (Ex-Weigh-It-Guy)
                  '04 36 TK3 / SOITC #1341
                  '99 Int'l LoPro MDT
                  See Bill & Joan's New Adventure Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com

Comment

Working...
                  X