Our New Home "Location"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our New Home "Location"

Over in another thread, I was asked if we had made it to Oregon yet. That made me realize that I hadn't updated our status in some time, but we've been kind of busy here at the Cascade Mountain Ranch Retreat as their new hosts. We are definitely liking the area and the Ranch, but I've failed to show any pictures of where we are now located near Grants Pass, Oregon.

So, without further ado, here are photos, the first of which being a view of the small chapel at the entrance to the Ranch.

This taken from the area of the chapel, looking toward the area where the two lodges are located. And yes, one cannot see the lodges from the road, which is a nice selling point for those wanting to rent the lodge(es).

One of the two ponds on the property, this one keeping water year round.

This is the other pond, taken from the Events Deck and Pavilion area. This deck and pavilion is used for weddings and outdoor meals for other retreats or reunions.

The pavilions.

Terry
    Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
    2008 Ford F450
    2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Here is our Mobile Suites and our Expedition. The small building in the picture is storage for sports equipment. Behind the RV is a fenced in area that is paved and has a tennis court and full court basket ball area.

Here, you can see the tennis/basketball court. The other two RV's shown are owned by either the Ranch or by one of the board members. That board member is a retired doctor that fixes up broken bicycles and gives them away for Christmas. He occasionally lives here for a few days at a time while he's working on the bicycles. Both RV's are old Alfa's.

This is a view of the Cascade Lodge. It has its own deck, on which others have conducted their weddings.

This picture is looking towards the entrance from closer to the Ranch buildings.

I was out in the Llama pasture taking this picture. It shows the view of the chapel at the front entrance and a good portion of the pasture with the mountains behind.

I'll post some pictures later of the insides of the lodges after I get them resized for the forums.

Terry
    Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Looks really nice!!! Are you in Eastern Oregon? Lot's of Pine trees.
      39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Looks very pastoral and serene!!

Joe

Comment

I think Grants Pass is in SW Oregon on I-5.
          2005 36TK3 #1869
          2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Yes it is, I did not notice him mentioning that.
            39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

We are really beginning to like the place and the people we are meeting. We've got a wedding this weekend (tomorrow) and the couple that are getting married are great. A number of their friends and wedding party came out with them and they've spent a bit of time decorating for the wedding. They've taken off from work and school to help their friends get married.

Another couple of ladies came by while they were decorating this morning and it turns out the younger of the two ladies is the one getting married next weekend. Since she had never seen the Ranch herself, they came out, and the couple getting married this weekend told us to give the young lady the full tour, including seeing the insides of both lodges, even though they were occupying the one. In addition to that, they also are donating some of the flowers and decorations to the young lady that is getting married next week.

Sadly, I'm remiss in getting pictures onto Photobucket so I can share pictures of the lodges. I initially goofed and used the camera's flash when using my wide angle lens and that lens caused shadows in the pictures. I'll be retaking the photos with my external flash soon, and then I hope to put in some photos of the lodges.

Terry
              Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

I finally got some pictures up of one of the lodges here at Cascade Mountain Ranch Retreat. However, since there are so many of them (roughly 45) that I posted to Photobucket, instead of posting them individually in the body of the comments, I'll provide a link to a slideshow at Photobucket.

Cascade Lodge (Views of and from the Lodge)

The main drawback of the slideshow is that you, the viewers, don't get any narration for any of the pictures. So, if you are really interested, I can post them "as usual" and provide narration.

Terry
                Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

I'm my usual procrastinating self here. I finally got around to posting some pictures of the Kelly Lodge to my Photobucket account. If anyone is interested in seeing that lodge, check the link below to see a slideshow of the pictures.

Kelly Lodge at Cascade Mountain Ranch Retreat

Terry
                  Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Why can't I see the pics? Is there something I have to do for the visibility of pics?

Comment

Photobucket was once free now they want you to pay for its hosting.
                      2017 MS 36rssb3
                      2017 King Ranch DRW

Comment

Originally posted by MGerald View Post
                        Why can't I see the pics? Is there something I have to do for the visibility of pics?
                        MGerald,

Sorry, but I haven't been on SOITC in a while. zeropunch is right in that Photobucket wants $400 a year for one to do 3rd party hosting for photos on forums. So, I moved to Smugmug, where for $150 a year, I can post unlimited pictures without advertisements and can even sell my photos, if I wish to do that.

Go to my signature area and click on the link to "Our Photos on Smugmug" to reach my Smugmug home page. Then click on "Browse at the top center and you will be able to see all my folders and galleries.

Terry
                        Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Terry use RV.NET photo posting. It's free and works on all forums.
                          39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Hey, Terry--hello...
                            Yep, been some time since we heard from you. Still up in OR?
                            Joe
                            2005 36TK3 #1869
                            2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut60 View Post
                              Hey, Terry--hello...
                              Yep, been some time since we heard from you. Still up in OR?
                              Joe
                              Hi, Joe. No. We left Oregon September 25 and arrived in Kanab, Utah on September 28. We are now camp hosts at Hitch-N-Post RV Park in Kanab and plan on being here for at least a year, seeing this part of the country. The park has 3 "camp hosts couples" so our schedules are 3 days on and 6 days off. That gives us LOTS of time to explore this part of the U.S. This is an area where I've wanted to come for quite some time.

As soon as we get time and I get around more to take pictures, I'll post some from this area.

Terry
                              Last edited by millerjnt; 10-11-2017, 08:59 AM.
                              Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Working...
                              X