Wife Got Her Wish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife Got Her Wish

2018 saw the wife get to the point to decide it was "TIME" to replace the carpet in the living area of the RV. She also replaced a wee bit in the hallway of our 38TKSB3 that is right in front of the side bathroom. There is a local furniture store here in Kanab, Utah that sold us the vinyl plank flooring and had "their guy" install it for us. It was something of a job for him because he went through and removed all the carpet and each and every one of the staples that held the carpet down. Initially, the first "strips" wanted to try to move when another row was to be added. Consultation with a supplier led to him putting down about 5 strips and allowing the glue to dry overnight. Then he came in the second day and finished the work. The initial estimate for flooring and labor was going to be about $1000, but after seeing how much work, and very conscientious work, was done, we insisted that he charge us more for the extra labor. He upped his labor by $300 and we thought that was very fair.

Lots of money going into the RV'ing this year with the flooring, new tires on the F450, and new batteries in a couple of weeks. Our original batteries have lasted us until now, but they are getting weak. Oh, our Mobile Suites is a 2010 model.

On a side note, Slade at Rolling Retreats is getting us our batteries and will be installing them when we pass through Elk City, OK on our way back to Oklahoma. Our time here in Utah is drawing to a close. One possible side benefit of this move is that we might be able (depending on son's surgeries) to make it to the Annual SOITC rally in Clinton, OK, although we probably won't be taking our Mobile Suites there.

The light varies in the following pictures, depending on whether I used flash or not.

Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
    2008 Ford F450
    2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Terry, new flooring looks great! Just an FYI, the 2018 SOITC International Rally will be in Elk City this October. There are currently no plans for a SOITC rally in Clinton, Oklahoma. Be sure to check the SOITC website for announcments if up coming events. www.suitesowners.com
    Last edited by RickandJaniceBinns; 06-25-2018, 05:43 AM.
    Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
    2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

Rick,

Elk City is in Oklahoma.

Terry
      Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Originally posted by millerjnt View Post
        Rick,

Elk City is in Oklahoma.

Terry
        Sorry, I meant to say no SOITC rallies scheduled Clinton, OK. However, I also see that Clinton is only 30 minutes away from Elk City.
        Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
        2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

The floor looks really nice
          Jan & Thomas
          2012 Mobile Suite 36RSSB3 #5942
          2012 Ford F350
          Fulltiming since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by RickandJaniceBinns View Post

Sorry, I meant to say no SOITC rallies scheduled Clinton, OK. However, I also see that Clinton is only 30 minutes away from Elk City.
            No biggie, Rick. For some reason, I thought that the rally was to be held in Clinton. I need to go back and see just what RV park is being used for that.

Terry
            Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

We did a similar change out in our rig several years ago. The installer said he would deduct $150 from his proposal if I removed the old carpet and staples. The carpet was an easy removal but there was just short of 3 billion staples to pull. Talking about doing it in our current rig. Time will tell. Just makes the inside look bigger. Looks good.

Bill

Comment

I have a 2016 MS 38PS3. I have not done modifications but did pull lots of staples so I walk in my bare feet. Someone had a bad day so used extra extra staples that did not penetrate.
                Clay & Marcie
                2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas Generator and other goodies
                2015 Freightliner M2 106
                No Pets

Comment

Working...
                X