A/C Condensation on Ceiling - Select Suites 36tk3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Condensation on Ceiling - Select Suites 36tk3

Just bought a 2007 Select Suites 36tk3, and have taken a few trips the past few weekends during this heat wave. If we run the A/C in the living room and keep the main vent open (you push the white handle back and forth and it will direct air straight down when open or if closed air will be directed into the ducts) it cools great and other than the noise of air blowing works great. If we close the vent (and force air into the ducts) we notice that the plastic becomes very cold and we get condensation build up on the ceiling all around the unit. Sometimes there is so much condensation it will drip on the floor and countertops. This happens more in the living room, but we do get some in the bedroom when running that unit.

Is this a common thing - we have been camping in VA and NC which has been hot and humid outside, but not uncommon for summer. I have searched many different sites and i have never seen anyone else complain of condensation on the ceiling inside the camper.

I can't answer your question, but if you would post this under the category of "Problems and Repairs" above, you will have a better chance of getting a reply from someone who has perhaps experienced the same. Here under "Rules and Policies" it may not get noticed as very few probably even look this far down on the forum.

Terry
    Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
    2008 Ford F450
    2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

It seems I am the only one who has this problem. Hmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by jhoynacki View Post
        It seems I am the only one who has this problem. Hmmm....
        Apparently so. ;-)

Actually, we had a similiar problem with our 1 and only AC unit in a 40' Open Road 5er. It would mainly condense on the grills, not as much on the ceiling. But it was enough to drip on the floor or your head as you walked underneath. It would also continually freeze up. We were in humid FL, SC and NC at the time. But it was a different brand/model than our Suites, so didn't offer any suggestions.

The only suggestion the dealer in FL gave us was, it was normal to freeze up and we should run the fan on High rather than AUTO. After only that first summer and 10 mos of fulltiming, we traded the OR for an Elite Suite and never had that problem again.

Have you checked online for a user's manuel to see what the troubleshooting section may have as a solution? Without the brand and model, we can't help much.
        Vickie & David
        SOITC #6956

2014 1/4 Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3
        Alicia - Custom kitchen
        2014 F450 KR 4x4
        Titan 65g tank
        2015 Lance 1172

Working Fulltimers since March 2005: Lucky us, we get paid to live like this !!!

Comment

Working...
        X