Dometic AC; Error E7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic AC; Error E7

Ok, new unit and we warmed up enough to need AC. Honestly, at 17 degrees in Knoxville I did not think to check AC during PDI on January 1. So, now I turn the AC units on for first time and zone 2 (BR) works fine but zone 1 (main) times out with Error Code E7 which means no power to mother board.

I have cycled the breakers twice and no joy.
    I emailed Greg at DRV customer service.

Yes, it really is AC weather in Florida...and beautiful where we are at. Going further south for business in two weeks so really want to get this fixed.

Any other ideas?

Thanks so much.
    Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
    Full-time since March 2017

2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
    2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

Just got back from a week in Florida for work. Rained three days straight and the weather never got above the 40's. Of course when I left yesterday it was sunny and 80.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the unit. You may want to ping Knoxville AND Dometic about your issue. Might need the unit replaced. Here's a list of error codes:

Error Code:

***E1 Loss of communication between the CCC 2 thermostat and an individual system power module board. The LED will display error code EI and the zone number that lost communication. Any additional zones that loose communication will blink in addition to the current zone.
    ***E2 Open circuit or out-of-range indoor temperature sensor. All heat , cool, and dehumidify operations will be locked out. Manual fan operation will continue.
    ***E3 Shorted Indoor Temperature Sensor. All heat, cool, and dehumidify operation will be locked out. Manual fan operation will continue.
    ***E4 Open circuit or out of range Outdoor Temperature Sensor (select models). Heat pump and dehumidification operation will be locked out. Air conditioner, furnace, heat strip and fan operation can continue to operate.
    ***E5 Open circuit or out of range Freeze Sensor. Air conditioner and dehumidification operation will be locked out. Heat pump, furnace, heat strip and fan operation can continue to operate but displays the last temperature set-point.
    ***E6 Open circuit Humidity Sensor (Select Models). Air conditioner and dehumidification will be locked out. Heat pump, furnace heat strip and fan can continue to operate.

***E7 Loss of 120 VAC power to all power module boards on the system. The system will shut down.

***E8 Invalid zone configuration. The heat pump and heat strip DIP switches are both set to the ON position in one zone. Heat pump, heat strip, air conditioner, and dehumidify operation will be locked out in the affected zone.
    ***E9 Invalid zone configuration. The dehumidifier DIP switch and either the heat pump or heat strip DIP switches are set to the ON position in one zone. Heat pump, heat strip, air conditioner, and dehumidify operation will be locked out in the affected zone.

I've also got a PDF of your Thermostat that includes the error codes and other info (if you need it).

Hopes this helps some.
    01zeosix
    '08 DRV MS 36RSSB3 (#4049)
    100% LED Lighting
    Duramax DRW Diesel
    Almost "Dunworkin"

Comment

Michael,

Sorry to hear about your AC. We are sitting at RV's For Less today getting our AC unit replaced. We're going through a one year warranty repair list and that was at the top of it.

Give Ken a call, I'm sure he'll do what he can to help.

Dave
      Dave & Marilyn Aker

2014 Mobile Suites Estates 38RSB3 #6665
      2014 Ford F450 Lariat

Comment

Thanks folks. I was hoping for an easy fix but not today. Mobile tech will be here Thursday. Rain tomorrow and cold front behind it so will be more pleasant.

Kind regards.

Comment

I have had same issue without it being the AC unit but it might be AC unit for you. For me it was bad power in the park. Let me explain. I have a 3K watt inverter that runs everything except ACs. With our batteries, if we take a power glitch we do not know about it as everything just switches and runs from the inverter (except AC). Now once the AC does the E7 it has a 3 or 5 minute delay after power comes back on before it will cycle the AC back on. Most park problems I see are one phase dropping too low and the power management system will actually light up showing I am on 50 Amp service. These drops are only a small amount of time but continue to happen ever few minutes so AC can never reset. I found and proved my issue by standing at the utility door with a watch watching the power management panel (and the power panel showing the voltage on each phase). The 50 Amp would light up ever few minutes indicating we had lost quality service and it had come back. When I have seen this it generally only last less than 30 minutes and the park power clears up.
          Marshall & Nancy

2013 Elite Suites 38RESB3
          2011 GMC Sierra 3500 HD DRW 4WD Duramax
          Solar 880 Watts, 24V

Comment

Originally posted by mnwool View Post
            I have had same issue without it being the AC unit but it might be AC unit for you. For me it was bad power in the park. Let me explain. I have a 3K watt inverter that runs everything except ACs. With our batteries, if we take a power glitch we do not know about it as everything just switches and runs from the inverter (except AC). Now once the AC does the E7 it has a 3 or 5 minute delay after power comes back on before it will cycle the AC back on. Most park problems I see are one phase dropping too low and the power management system will actually light up showing I am on 50 Amp service. These drops are only a small amount of time but continue to happen ever few minutes so AC can never reset. I found and proved my issue by standing at the utility door with a watch watching the power management panel (and the power panel showing the voltage on each phase). The 50 Amp would light up ever few minutes indicating we had lost quality service and it had come back. When I have seen this it generally only last less than 30 minutes and the park power clears up.
            Thank you Marshall. You may have been reading my brain waves. I know that each AC is on a different leg and I did look at the progressive monitor but, honestly, wasn't really sure what it is telling me. I will dig that paperwork back out to make sure I have good line power in.

Tech comes tomorrow.

Thank you for the feedback.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. Line voltage in is good per progressive monitor and per meter. Mobile tech advised that the circuit board is bad and will be ordered. From other posts, I can only hope that changing the board does not start yet another problem.

Regards.

Comment

We had a bad circuit board (located in unit on the roof) in our front A/C that was replaced at the factory last November. So far every thing else is working okay. I did not get an error code but when the unit was on cool the fan would cycle on and off with no compressor start. If you checked the inside temperature (on the thermostat) while the unit was selected...the warmer it got outside the colder it thought it was inside ie. if it was 80 outside the inside temperature read 15 thus the A/C did not want to run. I also complained that our rear A/C was not blowing much air. When you selected high speed it would make more noise but not blow harder. The Dometic tech found a 2x4 glued in our return duct work. He said that this was a common practice when the duct work was squashed during build from walking on the roof. They would cut a short piece and place it on end (skinny side in line with duct) to hold it open. In our case the 2x4 was placed sideways blocking more of the duct. We have used the A/C since and there seems to be more flow so I'm hoping when we get in the 95+ weather it will work better.
                sigpic
                Patricia & Cary
                2012 MS38TKSB4
                2015 F350 Platinum Dually
                3.73, 50 gal Transferflow Aux tank
                Curt 20K hitch
                Happy Hour @ 4:00pm!

Comment

Working...
                X