Undercounter attached sink coming loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undercounter attached sink coming loose

Anyone else have their under counter attached sink come loose? I was sitting the other evening and heard a thud, but didn't know what or where it had come from. Later while DW was doing something over the island, different lighting, I noticed a gap between the counter top and the SS sink. Fortunately we keep a dog food container under there so it didn't drop to far. Seems it's always something with these darn trailers. Sigh.
    J & J
    DRV Suites, ES-38RSSA #9679
    GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW
    EZGo-txt, ClubCar Precedent

My 2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas was on the factory floor in Oct 2015. When I received it from the dealer I was advised not to carry any weight in the sink when traveling. Also maybe not even leave the sink covers inplace.
    As I remember the fellow told us several had dropped by Dec 2015. I believe there was something on an earlier post on this repair.
    Clay
    Clay & Marcie
    2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas Generator and other goodies
    2015 Freightliner M2 106
    No Pets

Comment

I repaired mine with a kit from Lowes. If I remember the kit was called a sink support kit. I sent a sample of the kit to DRV but they never used it in manufacturing.
      Walt and Judy
      2010 32RS3 MS#5341
      2011 GMC Sierra 3500 HD DRW 4WD Duramax

Comment

On SOB forum that I used to be part of, we had the same issue. What several folks did was epoxy a wood block under the countertop and put a screw with a clip holding the sink up. I epoxied ours back up to the Corian countertop and put the holders on. It has held for 4 years this way.
        Alie & Jim
        2017 Memphis
        98 Volvo Pickup

Comment

The kitchen sink on our 2013 MS did the same thing. I also had to come up with an alternative bracing structure to support the sink. This is just another, of many, examples where no forethought went into the engineering of a DRV component. How dare we expect the sinks to stay attached to the countertops when they are full of water!
          2013 Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
          2012 F350 DRW 6.7L Turbocharged Diesel (3.73)

Comment

Originally posted by byron.bailey View Post
            The kitchen sink on our 2013 MS did the same thing. I also had to come up with an alternative bracing structure to support the sink. This is just another, of many, examples where no forethought went into the engineering of a DRV component. How dare we expect the sinks to stay attached to the countertops when they are full of water!
            Solid sink attachment comes with 200K units.
            39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Not even in the $180K units from DRV?
              2005 36TK3 #1869
              2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Both Mobile Suites we have owned 07 and 14 have had sinks that failed. Deja vu of the cable valves on black and grey. Much written on this issue on this site. You'll get used to it ( common issues fixes) after a few years. Sometimes I;m amazed how this Industry gets away with their product they put on the road.
                JTS
                2014 TKSB3

Comment

^^^^^ don't forget popped screws !
                  39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Originally posted by BART-98 View Post
                    On SOB forum that I used to be part of, we had the same issue. What several folks did was epoxy a wood block under the countertop and put a screw with a clip holding the sink up. I epoxied ours back up to the Corian countertop and put the holders on. It has held for 4 years this way.
                    Thanks for the tips, I did something similar.

Originally posted by byron.bailey View Post
                    LOL, yeah I skipped that option on the build sheet, forgot totally about having to chop wood and carry water.

Thanks to all, for the tips.
                    Be well.
                    J & J

Comment

Found a solution to properly brace the sink to the corian. Product is Cinclips. Found on Amazon. 20 min to install after I reglued sink into place. Using packing tape to keep the sink to counter tight while glue sets and clips installed is another tip. 5 sinks have fallen in our 2 DRV over the years. A reglue will not work by itself. I also discovered the the main drain pipe going into the floor is not clamped under counter floor and creates a pull efffect on the large sink. So this sink P drain is now blocked underneath.
                      In summary you need to brace the sink and you need to support the drains underneath.
                      Thanks so much Mo and Flo for this tip.
                      JTS
                      2014 TKSB3

Comment

Glue with sink supported and install blocks/clips that are attached to cabinet sides. Won't come loose of done properly.
                        39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
                          Glue with sink supported and install blocks/clips that are attached to cabinet sides. Won't come loose of done properly.
                          Yes indeed, thanks for all the ideas. I did just that. Pre-cut some 4ea. 1"x 1/2" molding strips that I used vertically to support the sink during the gluing / curing process. Heck they're not in the way of anything, so I left them there. Then glued a few more small blocks in the other diagonal spots to the under cabinet surfaces.

Be well.
                          J & J

Comment

Did the cinclips have enough wood on the cabinet sides to screw into? Mine are thin plywood.
                            Fulltime class of 2005
                            2017 36RSSB3
                            2019 F350 DRW

Comment

Our garbage disposal was holding the sink up. We had the disposal removed and were concerned about the sink falling so I cut 3 1X2 s, wedged one under each edge of the sink and one in the center, supported by a brace to the bottom.
                              Jerry & Shirley Friedman
                              Dusty the Yorkie; Cricket the Shorkie
                              2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD
                              2015 Mobile Suites 38RSSB3

Comment

Working...
                              X