Replacing Part of My Rotted Slide Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends,

I scraped virtually all the factory caulk out of the exterior of my RV and recaulked it properly. I cut the caulk at a steeper angle (maybe 75') and forced the caulk deep into the seams. Was a heck of a lot of work, but necessary to preserve the rig. I'm very happy with the results and confident I will not have any more leaks. IMHO, the factory applied to little caulk and applied it too thin.

Leaving for Galveston TX tomorrow to spend a week. Nice to be heading out again.

Cheers, Ron
    2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
    2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

I have the exact same problème with my 38 RESB3 2013. I want to do the repair but have a hard time to find the white plastic kind material that cover the outside of the plywood . Can you tell me the name of that material and where did you get it. Thank

Guy Desjardins
      email: [email protected]
      Guy and Helene Desjardins
      Mobile Suite 38RESB3 2013
      Ford F450 2011 King Range

Comment

I purchased it at McCoys Lumber. It comes in 4'x8' sheets, has a textured side and a smooth side.

https://www.mccoys.com/shop/white-fi...l-4x8/p.110866

It was a lot of work, but i estimate saved anywhere between $5K and $8K.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

Thank you

Guy
          Guy and Helene Desjardins
          Mobile Suite 38RESB3 2013
          Ford F450 2011 King Range

Comment

The water damage floor on my slide is narrow but extends back to the roller same slide same location.
            would you recommend taking out the wood floor the end above the roller it rests on.
            That is why the metal slider kicker idea was a better fit for my repair in my thinking?
            JTS
            2014 TKSB3

Comment

I have read this thanks. My issue is the location.
              about 10 in wide extending from the end rail extends over roller when slide extended.
              would you recommend cutting out floor over the end roller?
              i am not clear how you joined the edges and maintain board strength.
              the kick plate inserts above the roller and extents to the slide end.
              im not a very handy fellow but have been trying to avoid costs from the RV dealer. Now over $120 HR CDN
              JTS
              2014 TKSB3

Comment

Originally posted by JTS View Post
                I have read this thanks. My issue is the location.
                about 10 in wide extending from the end rail extends over roller when slide extended.
                would you recommend cutting out floor over the end roller?
                i am not clear how you joined the edges and maintain board strength.
                the kick plate inserts above the roller and extents to the slide end.
                im not a very handy fellow but have been trying to avoid costs from the RV dealer. Now over $120 HR CDN
                Mine was over the roller. The key to the strength is VERY accurate cutting for precise fit, using the Kreg tool, I HIGHLY recommend using the floor jack to hold in place, As you can see, although the Splendide WASN'T the source of the problem, I effectively made the utility closet into a tub with a drain. I easily have 80 hours into this project. The other critical part to this is removing and replacing the caulk tape on the lower metal panel and molding strip. I replaced ALL screws with stainless steel ones.

Anyhoo, this is very doable with patience and precision.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

Working...
                X