Battery Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Life

Wondering what the life expectancy is for the batteries? Our are now 6 years old, no problems so far but don't want to run into any. Thank you!!

Ours made it 3.5 years on our 2016. Noticed the Residential Frig was not saying at 0 and 38 while traveling. Replaced with Costco Interstates. GOLDEN!

At that age I would replace them!!!
    39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

We're going into our fifth season (we're NOT full timers) and our batteries are doing great. I am considering replacing them later this year. Like you I'm not having troubles (yet) but I'd rather replace them when it's convenient rather than when it's needed.

Dan

Comment

We are now at 6 1/2 full-time years with our original batteries. Once per month, I check/top-off the battery fluid levels and ensure that the contacts are clean (cleaning if necessary). I use a hydrometer to check the specific gravity of the batteries, and all of the cells are still in the "very good" to "excellent" range. Bottom line: if you take meticulous care of your batteries, they should last longer than the standard five years longevity that most RV experts cite.
        2013 Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
        2012 F350 DRW 6.7L Turbocharged Diesel (3.73)

Comment

We have had our Suite for 12 years and replaced batteries twice.
          sigpic
          Bob & Judy Schmader
          2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
          2001 F550 Starhauler
          www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
          IN GOD WE TRUST

Comment

I checked my water level every month on mine and they rarely needed water. Simply did not hold up. Can't expect much from NO NAME batteries.
            39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Thanks all, decided to go ahead & replace them.

Comment

I'm on my 6th DRV and have never replaced batteries. I have noticed that the dealer is the one who installs the batteries, not the factory. If the dealer installs crappy no name batteries, that's what you get. Not sure that is always true, but it has been 6 times for me.

Bill

Comment

I like that method. Trade before the batteries go bad!!!
                  39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Working...
                  X