Slides creeping OUT during travel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slides creeping OUT during travel

it started with DS slide , put tie down strap on it and now Kitchen slide is drifting!! Hydraulic fluid is good level, have added anti-stiction fluid in past , any ideas as to cause and possible fix ??
    one dealer said possible bad seals on hyd ram , but on two ,one after another !!!

What year is your rig? I too, would doubt it is the rams failing on the slides. Our 2006 still has the original rams on all 3 slides. It could be air or debris in the lines that is getting trapped in the manifold. If you have not already tried it, you might want to take a hose loose on one of the rams that are drifting and then run the pump to purge the line and the manifold. Then reattach that line and do the same with the other hose on the same ram. This would at least purge everything going to and from that ram.

I was told years ago by the hydraulic engineer who designed these systems to always extend the hydraulics in the exact same sequence and retract them in the exact opposite sequence every time to assure the fluid always flows the same direction through the system. The extend sequence should start with the slide closet to the pump and end with the one furthest. The retract sequence shold start with the slide furthest from the pump and end with the one closest to it. This allows air or debris to work it's way back to the reservoir where it can settle out. I can only attest to the fact that we have done this since we were told and never had any issue with slides drifting and our rig is now 13 yrs. old.
    Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
    2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

Hitting the slide buttons in again after running the jacks up might make a difference. This is what we do.
      Bob and Cherri Strohofer
      2006 38 RL3 #2730
      SOITC Charter Members

Comment

Originally posted by strohofer2730 View Post
        Hitting the slide buttons in again after running the jacks up might make a difference. This is what we do.
        But the instructions to prevent the Jacks from coming down is to push, front jacks button last. I always fully extend and retract my slides never had a problem.
        Clay 2016 MS 38PS3
        Clay & Marcie
        2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas Generator and other goodies
        2015 Freightliner M2 106
        No Pets

Comment

We also bump our slide buttons one more time after retracting them, but have always done that before retracting the Jack's. Not sure which is a better practice but I do know that as slides are retracted, I can hear the first ones creek just a little bit which would indicate to me that some pressure may bleed off slightly as other slides retract. I have not heard that creaking in the slides as the jacks retract. Again, have never had an issue with slides creeping during transit either.
          Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
          2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Will try the sequence idea. Have not had jack issues ( hope i didn't jinks myself ) and have bumped slides after closed.

Comment

When retracting or extending I always hold for an additional moment and you can hear the pump dog down. Never had an issue.
              39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

You probably have an inline check valve at the pump that is going bad. Most hydraulic shops should be able to fix it.
                Alie & Jim
                2017 Memphis
                98 Volvo Pickup

Comment

Working...
                X