Bottom Slide Roller Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom Slide Roller Protection

Six roller slide. End roller needs stainless plate install. Do all rollers need to have guards to level slide movement? Floor condition good except for end roller.
    JTS
    2014 TKSB3

Originally posted by JTS View Post
    End roller needs stainless plate install. Do all rollers need to have guards to level slide movement? .
    I have some questions as I believe you are referring to the inside flat surface rollers that would the DS table slide or ODS kitchen side. Which end? Why are you saying the you end roller needs a stainless plate install? is this to support weight?
    My questions are so I can look at mine to if I have a problem.
    Clay 2016 MS 38PS3
    Clay & Marcie
    2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas Generator and other goodies
    2015 Freightliner M2 106
    No Pets

Comment

Due to a slide leak found and repaired the floor integrity needs support for the end roller. Slide cracking in laminate covering. And a very small spongy sectio indicating floor rot. They are referred to as kick plates. Stainless is expensive and my question surround dong only one roller covering

solving problems for RV owners for over a decade    We are proud to serve the many RV owners in the USA and Canada with “ Guardian Plate...
      JTS
      2014 TKSB3

Comment

Not sure just one plate installed would upset the levelness of the entire slide. If that area is still spongy (wet) it will continue to swell up and could expand either up or down on the floor.

Comment

My slide had powdered rot under the slide. I would replace the bad wood as I did and do it correctly. I provided some pretty good instructions on the repair in this forum. Then, you don't need the stainless plate. Happy to answer questions too.

Cheers,

Ron

2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
          2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

Thanks for the info. Same slide and location. What material was used to make the patch.
            JTS
            2014 TKSB3

Comment

Originally posted by JTS View Post
              Thanks for the info. Same slide and location. What material was used to make the patch.
              Check this thread out...I even have pictures. https://suitesownersinternationaltra...ed-slide-floor
              2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
              2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

Working...
              X