Fresh Water Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Water Tank

If I fill my fresh water tank more than 88%, water runs out the bottom of the trailer until that 88% is reached. My Mobile Suite is a 2018 36 RSSB3. Is there a vent line there or a fixture that might be loose? Suggestions appreciated.
    Retired in Utah
    2011 Ford F350 Dually
    2011 Mobile Suites 36TKSB3

Sea Land sensor is probably off. Mine is full when it reads 93%. There is an overfill vent in the water compartment where the hookups are.
    Walt and Judy
    2010 32RS3 MS#5341
    2011 GMC Sierra 3500 HD DRW 4WD Duramax

Comment

This subject has been discussed on many forums. It seems that the vent tube isn't routed above the tank causing water to flow out of the vent hole. Most owners (including myself) are using a soft ear plug to plug the vent hole while traveling. That seems to take care of the problem.
      2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suites
      2016 Western Star 5700xe
      Our YouTube Channel

Comment

Are y'all camping in the boonies? I never fill my freshwater tank more than 10 to 15 gallons just to flush the toilet. Just curious.

Cheers, Ron
        2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
        2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

yes...we boondock quite a bit.
          2016 Western Star 5700xe
          Our YouTube Channel

Comment

Something is not connected right to the tank--overflow should come out the vent opening in the service bay when nearing full. Also will burp out that vent when traveling to boondocking site, need the rubber plug in the opening, or simply re-route the hose to a much higher level, it is attached by a hose clamp to the control panel on the backside. As mentioned, the SeeLevel may not be reading correctly, but still the water should come out the vent, not somewhere in the basement. Suggest the vent hose is no longer connected at tank, and the 88% is incorrect. Tank is hard to access, probably need to drop belly cover.
            2005 36TK3 #1869
            2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut60 View Post
              Something is not connected right to the tank--overflow should come out the vent opening in the service bay when nearing full. Also will burp out that vent when traveling to boondocking site, need the rubber plug in the opening, or simply re-route the hose to a much higher level, it is attached by a hose clamp to the control panel on the backside. As mentioned, the SeeLevel may not be reading correctly, but still the water should come out the vent, not somewhere in the basement. Suggest the vent hose is no longer connected at tank, and the 88% is incorrect. Tank is hard to access, probably need to drop belly cover.
              I think the water is probably coming out of the vent hole and dripping into the wet bay, then exiting from there. Mine did the same thing and gave the illusion that it was coming from the bottom of the coach.
              2016 Western Star 5700xe
              Our YouTube Channel

Comment

88% does NOT mean anything!

I am under the impression the sensors are mounted on the outside of the tanks on newer DRV's.
                39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

ewacowboy,
                  That can/does happen, thanks for reminding me. I often travel with a full tank to camp in FS campgrounds that don't have water--yep, a plug of some sort helps to keep the volume in the tank.
                  2005 36TK3 #1869
                  2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Working...
                  X