Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear stabilizer jack fluid leaking.Advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear stabilizer jack fluid leaking.Advice needed!

My 2010 MS has a leaking rear stabilizer jack. I am on the road for another 3 -4 weeks before I can get it rebuilt or replaced. The leak is not at the out side connectors;its running down the stainless sleeve. What should I do to avoid trouble (in addition to pray). Should I avoid using the jacks on that side ? Or should I use frequently to keep fluid in it? I'm clueless.
    2010 36tk3 (5173) 2015 Chev 3500 D/A

How bad is the leak? Does the jack hold level? If it is, just keep adding fluid until you get back to home base.

Ron
    2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
    2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

Chief: Yes,the jack is working. Thanks for the advice. If I understand your comment,its probably ok to keep using the jack,but watch the fluid level.
      2010 36tk3 (5173) 2015 Chev 3500 D/A

Comment

Jbird,

sorry so long to respond...yes sir, just keep extra fluid on hand. Also, recommend keep adding fluid to keep tank topped off when everything is in and up. The Level-Up doesn't like to be more than a quart low. There's actually a You-tube where folks with a MS rebuilt thier fron jacks while on the road. Very interesting video.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

Do you have a link to the MS rebuild???
          39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Ron,

I do and here it is...
            https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2&&FORM=VRDGAR

Pretty industrious!

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredawg Chief View Post
              Ron,

I do and here it is...
              https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2&&FORM=VRDGAR

Pretty industrious!

Ron
              I actually know them! Met them back at DRV's repair shop at the Factory in 2016.

Below is what I came across and it's the system I have. Could you provide a link for this as I am NOT tech savvy. Found it on YouTube.

Thanks!

"Lippert RV Front Landing Gear Repair (DRV Mobile Suites)"
              39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Both videos were fun to watch! I have to give that Morton guy credit, that's a huge job getting at the off door side ram. At least on our '15 38RSSA it would be, not something I'd like to try anyway. We took our trailer into Lippert and had the front jacks replaced N/C. they did a great job but we have the shorter, much more stout jacks! Ours were replaced in 2017 and we haven't had ANY trouble with jacks since!

Here's a link Ron to the Roberts RV Repair video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poysawNZtmU

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan!!!
                  39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Working...
                  X