Intermittent Furnace Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Furnace Problem

Our furnace worked intermittently. Of course it worked when the repair guy came by. He suggested changing the ignition board though he couldn't guarantee that that would fix the problem. We ultimately had a hard failure and he replaced the board. He found a bad wire connection, replaced that, and when he left the furnace worked fine. I had to use the furnace this AM and it came on fine. It even cycled a couple of times, then wouldn't come on. I put the heat pump on for a while, then tried the furnace again and it came on. Any ideas on what could cause this intermittent problem? It's gonna get cold and we need a reliable furnace.
    Jerry & Shirley Friedman
    Dusty the Yorkie; Cricket the Shorkie
    2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD
    2015 Mobile Suites 38RSSB3

Hi,

I found some videos you may want to view that may help. As a suggestion, you may want to get an RV maintenance and repair manual for instances just like this. Hope this helps.

Let us know what is found.

Cheers, Ron
    2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
    2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

Problem solved. Since it was intermittent, every time Doug (the RV guy) tried something and it worked we thought the problem was fixed. It would cycle a time or two, then die. Ultimately it turned out to be the fan motor. That was replaced a week ago and the furnace has been working ever since.
      Jerry & Shirley Friedman
      Dusty the Yorkie; Cricket the Shorkie
      2014 Chevy Silverado 3500HD
      2015 Mobile Suites 38RSSB3

Comment

Working...
      X