Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown Tire body Damage - Great Parts Support from the Factory

Friends,

Just thought I would share great customer support ordering parts from DRV employee Brandi Fought. she was helpful and got parts shipped as soon as they arrived from their provider.

Thanks, Ron
    2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
    2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

That echoes the experiences I have had with them also. Good luck

Bill

Comment

Ron, what brand was the tire that blew out?
      2005 36TK3 #1869
      2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

It was Goodyear GY G114s that came on it. Two more were showing signs of tread separation. They were 5 years old and had ~40K miles. Was planning on replacing them in December, so got a little jump. I'm really not unhappy with the performance or service, I need to adjust my change interval to not longer than 4 years. I replaced with the same make/model.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

You should have paid attention to the posts I have made over the last couple years of what the tread separation starts to look like. There was a specific time period that GY had this issue. Wish you wold have turned in a claim as they would have paid for your tire and the repairs. They would have pro rated your tires that were starting to fail also.

Unless you had it analyzed there is no way to tell if it was a tire failure or road hazard. Virtually all the tread separated tires like this do NOT blow.

The center three ribs will start to de laminate like mine in pic below. I had just looked the tires over and checked them for heat literally 25 miles back when I noticed what looked like a bungee cord fly off the trailer. I stopped and did not see anything. Continued for around 100 more miles and this is what i found. Next am, GY replaced three tires and was back on the road in less than two hours. The replaced the 4th the next season for free that started to show separation.

This is what they start to look like. Date code around 5014.

Having issues, will post pics later!

Last edited by Cummins12V98; 11-17-2019, 10:11 AM.
          39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

You should have paid attention to the posts I have made over the last couple years of what the tread separation starts to look like. There was a specific time period that GY had this issue. Wish you wold have turned in a claim as they would have paid for your tire and the repairs. They would have pro rated your tires that were starting to fail also.

Unless you had it analyzed there is no way to tell if it was a tire failure or road hazard. Virtually all the tread separated tires like this do NOT blow.

The center three ribs will start to de laminate like mine in pic below. I had just looked the tires over and checked them for heat literally 25 miles back when I noticed what looked like a bungee cord fly off the trailer. I stopped and did not see anything. Continued for around 100 more miles and this is what i found. Next am, GY replaced three tires and was back on the road in less than two hours. The replaced the 4th the next season for free that started to show separation.

39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Ron,

I received email you had posted here, but I can't seem to see it. This is the info sent to me in the notification that you were supposed to have posted here: "You should have paid attention to the posts I have made over the last couple years of what the tread separation starts to look like. There was a specific time" This appears incomplete, so I'm more or less responding to an incomplete post.

I inspected tires and checked air on tires prior to leaving on the last trip and all was good. Inspection included visual and rubbing hand across the tread to see and feel for irregularities. All checked good when leaving. The outside temps were ~98'F approximately and ~275 miles. Prior to leaving the campground 4 days later, I did not conduct my typical tire inspection, largely due to the pain with my left ankle. Probably should not have gone on this trip given my ankle problems, but that is history.

My take on what happened is this trip: The high outside and road temps combined with the 40K miles started tread separation and one actually failed on this trip. I believe all the construction zones and just plain terrible roads took its toll on the tires. And one incredible emergency stop on this trip. I understand your comments about filing a claim with GY and I certainly would have if the tires were not 5 years old and had so many miles on them. The tread had significant, but even wear.

Anyway, still trying to figure out why I can't see your post on the forum.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

MODERATOR!!!!!!!!! Please UNFLAG my posts!!!
                  39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Thank you!!!

IMG_6391.JPG
                    39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
                      MODERATOR!!!!!!!!! Please UNFLAG my posts!!!
                      Sorry! I did not realize posts were being held up. I don't get a message telling me this.
                      Bob and Cherri Strohofer
                      2006 38 RL3 #2730
                      SOITC Charter Members

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
                        Thank you!!!

IMG_6391.JPG
                        Hey Ron,

Thanks. This is what the tires were like after the trip. In my inspections, I specifically run my hand over each one, except mine had about a quarter of the tread left as in you example. I appreciate the info.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

Originally posted by strohofer2730 View Post

Sorry! I did not realize posts were being held up. I don't get a message telling me this.
                          For some reason it was fine yesterday am, thanks!
                          39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Friends,

I received my parts from the factory, picked up a couple of straight brackets, and some 1/4" bolts and nuts. Took about two hours today and just have some caulking and paint touchup left to do.

Blowout.jpg
                            Repair-bottom.jpg
                            Repair-side.jpg

I'll send more pics after I touch up paint and paint screws/bolts. Next, I may start another thread on servicing the brake system, calipers, and installing new shoes.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

Working...
                            X