This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Inspection

Is anyone aware of a reputable company that offers a professional pre-delivery inspection for RVs? We had this done when we built our home and found this to be money well spent.

I have located several PDI checklists via forums and will use same when we pick up our unit. Still, it would be nice to have a person with real knowledge and expertise on RV standards represent us. Also good to have someone without an emotional interest.

Could this be done at factory prior to shipment to our dealer?

Regards:
    Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
    Full-time since March 2017

2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
    2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

Cross RV will do PDI for about $1,000 - $1,200. Their web site is http://www.crossrv.com/Home_Page.html
    Paul

2013 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 w/Triple Axles and a Hydralift motorcycle lift
    2013 Ford F450 with a hauler bed

Comment

paul cross would be an excellent inspector. he is very knowledgeable of the suites because he worked for drv when they started and was in on the original design of the units. we had him repair our unit when we had a tire blowout and he did a very good job.

Comment

We contacted Cross RV this AM, and they quoted us $1500. Are there any DRV dealerships possibly near the factory or even in central Illinois? We ordered our unit in East Texas, but we'll be in the central IL area when it is actually complete. When I googled DRV dealerships it gave me names of numerous companies but not necessarily DRV specific. Thank you for any info you're able to share!
        David and Renee
        2014 41RSSB4 w/vanity slide ES
        2013 3500 HD dually
        "We're work camping our way across America!"

Comment

Nothing in central Il. There is one in Coal City about 100 miles northwest and one in Bourbonnais about 130 miles northeast. We went to the one in Coal City when preparing to order in 2004 and it was a pretty 'back yard' operation but, they are the oldest dealers in Il.
          Heres the closest to the factory
          Tiara RV Sales, Inc.
          3260 Cassopolis StreetElkhart, IN. 46514 USDistance: about 28.73 miles
          Happy Trails To You

Tom & Cheryl Brockman
          2015 39DBRS3, 2011 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins
          S.O.I.T.C. Charter Member
          Retired & Full timing

Comment

I purchased from Tiara in 2012.
            Their PDI left a lot to be desired. I would go elsewhere for the PDI.
            Bruce
            2012 MS38RESB3 #6277
            2013 Super Duty F450 KR

Comment

Have Paul Cross do it
              John and Marlene
              38 ft rl3
              2001 GMC 3500
              DURA MAX

Comment

Not that I personally recommend them but you could also call Twin Lakes RV repair and Detailing 2060W W. State Road 120 Howe, In
                PH 260 562 2372
                Other people seem to have had good luck with them.

Sue
                Fulltiming since 2009 with Dozer, our grey tuxedo cat 2012 MS 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2011 Ford F450 2005 Lance 1181 Truck Camper- our "vacation home"

Comment

Thank you all!
                  We received word two days ago that our unit has left paint, left Mor/Ryde, and now is at Onan. It still needed a few cabinet doors and my TV/fireplace slide has to be altered a bit but it may actually be ready sooner than later. If that is the case - our ordering dealership can do the PDI. It's just if it gets closer to Thanksgiving - we will have left town for an extended trip and wanted to pick up closer to our destination.
                  David and Renee
                  2014 41RSSB4 w/vanity slide ES
                  2013 3500 HD dually
                  "We're work camping our way across America!"

Comment

Our dealer is at the factory and on their way to lunch yesterday, they crossed paths with our unit. It was heading back to the factory to get final add-ons. We had just gotten notice last week that it finished at Onan on the 8th.

She sent a video and later showed me the line-up at the factory. Since ours just arrived, it is the only one without the rear ladder and exterior decals on it. It will be a few more weeks, but they are going to deliver it to us in TN, unless our plans are changed again.

We also got some great interior photos. There is a bit to do, cabinet doors, valences, backsplash, satellite dish...

But can see it coming together nicely.
                    Vickie & David
                    SOITC #6956

2014 1/4 Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3
                    Alicia - Custom kitchen
                    2014 F450 KR 4x4
                    Titan 65g tank
                    2015 Lance 1172

Working Fulltimers since March 2005: Lucky us, we get paid to live like this !!!

Comment

Thank you and closing thread

Many thanks to all who took the time to respond. I did contact Paul Cross and several others in the area around DRV in Howe. The process was educational as to services available and the process of purchasing an RV and accepting the RV we purchased. I looked at this purchase like I did the purchase of my home and that may not have been the best perspective especially since that process was not pleasant and we did not have a good experience with our builder. With your help and with some reflection, I realize:
                      • DRV makes a great product. That is why I chose this brand.
                      • RVs For Less is a great dealer. That is why I chose them.
                      • I am already paying for a PDI via RVs For Less. They are spending quite a bit of time prepping our rig before we arrive. When we arrive, they will be showing us how to use everything, giving is a night or so on their lot to check out the rig, hooking us up and taking us for a spin to set brakes and make sure we are somewhat capable drivers, giving is several nights in a local campground to continue our exploration of the unit, and performing additional services on our tow vehicle.
                      • Getting someone else to do a PDI before my dealer does a PDI and before I do a PDI is PMO (pretty much overkill).
                      • There are other relationships that must be respected and we don't want to step on toes.

So with all that said, we are going to count on DRV to build us a great rig; We are going to count on RVs For Less to verify that we have a great rig; and we are going to enjoy every moment.

We are blessed!
                      Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
                      Full-time since March 2017

2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
                      2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

Comment

Working...
                      X