Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDI Best Tool...Known Problems...DRV fifth-wheel focus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PDI Best Tool...Known Problems...DRV fifth-wheel focus

    Hello. We are preparing to accept our unit on 12/30 and I am compiling a customized PDI. I am combining forms from this site and those others have sent me. I am focusing on just 5th wheel, DRV. I will also be including issues to look for that others have shared.

    So, if you have a PDI that you like, please send me a link or send via email.
    If you have accepted a DRV unit, any model, in the past year and have tips on things to look for, please let me know.

    I will take inputs for a couple weeks and then compile and share on this forum. I'll also share with DRV leadership.

    I know this will help me and trust that this effort will help others as well.

    Best regards to all!
    Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
    Full-time since March 2017

    2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
    2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

  • #2
    Michael, I think what you are doing is a great idea. On the unit we currently own I just printed off a couple of the generic PDI forms off the net and went with them. When you do get this custom list put together could I possibly get a copy of it to use when we order a new unit? Thanks
    2017 Chevy 3500 4X4 C/C DRW D/A
    2016 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3
    Comfort Ride 245 Hitch

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Hunter11 View Post
      Michael, I think what you are doing is a great idea. On the unit we currently own I just printed off a couple of the generic PDI forms off the net and went with them. When you do get this custom list put together could I possibly get a copy of it to use when we order a new unit? Thanks
      Hunter11: I am compiling data to use with our acceptance on 12/30. Please send me whatever you have and I'll filter through it. I most certainly will share with anyone who wants it and will post to the forum when complete. I plan to provide in MS Word, RTF, and PDF format so that you can edit if desired.

      Regards:
      Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
      Full-time since March 2017

      2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
      2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello Moe & Flo, glad to hear your unit is in Tn. Will be looking to see how you do with the PDI and with Rv4 Less. We have heard they do a knock out job at getting the unit ready. Well I know you will be Making a list and checking it twice !!!
        I bought my unit two years ago and got nothing but the Run a Round for my old Dealer. Sale's guy wants to bid the new rig. Wife said Nope !!!!
        Looks like my unit will be on line after the first of the year. We will be coming back from Texas on our way home to pick up the new Elite. We will hang around the area for anything that needs adjustment.

        Good Luck
        Wayne & Marti
        Yogi, Shelter Dog RIP

        2012 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 w/Vanity Slide 5994 traded in
        2014.5 Elite Suite. 38RSSA w/vanity Slide 7128
        2012 F350 Ford 4WD OLD BLUE

        Viet Nam Vet 70-71

        http://yogi154.blogspot.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          We also ordered ours through RVS For Less. If the original estimate holds true. we should be getting it in the next couple of weeks. Maybe a slight delay due to furniture change. I hope their reputation for conducting thorough PDIs holds true. We are very happy with them so far.
          Jim & Barb
          www.suiteadventure.com

          2013 Ram 3500, Longhorn, Dually, 4x4, Aisin, 4.10, Transfer Flow Aux/Trax II
          2014 Hyundai Tucson (grocery-getter)
          2014.5 Mobile Suites #7039 SOLD!
          Full timers 2013-2015

          Previous:
          Volvo 770
          2006 Mobile Suites

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jbbdc View Post
            We also ordered ours through RVS For Less. If the original estimate holds true. we should be getting it in the next couple of weeks. Maybe a slight delay due to furniture change. I hope their reputation for conducting thorough PDIs holds true. We are very happy with them so far.
            Great. Maybe we will see you up there. We will be at Creekside RV after pickup 12/31-Friday. Are you going to Creekside also?

            Regards.
            Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
            Full-time since March 2017

            2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
            2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by moeandflo View Post
              Great. Maybe we will see you up there. We will be at Creekside RV after pickup 12/31-Friday. Are you going to Creekside also?

              Regards.
              Hadn't really thought about Creekside. We stayed at River Plantation a few weeks ago while visiting RVs For Less and just assumed we'd got back there. How does Creekside compare, if you're familiar with both?
              Jim & Barb
              www.suiteadventure.com

              2013 Ram 3500, Longhorn, Dually, 4x4, Aisin, 4.10, Transfer Flow Aux/Trax II
              2014 Hyundai Tucson (grocery-getter)
              2014.5 Mobile Suites #7039 SOLD!
              Full timers 2013-2015

              Previous:
              Volvo 770
              2006 Mobile Suites

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jbbdc View Post
                Hadn't really thought about Creekside. We stayed at River Plantation a few weeks ago while visiting RVs For Less and just assumed we'd got back there. How does Creekside compare, if you're familiar with both?
                We haven't stayed at either facility. Creekside is also owned by somebody in the RVs For Less family and that is where they put you up for two days after picking up your new unit. It is just a couple blocks of the main drag in Pigen Forge. Creekside is on Southern end and River Plantation on the northern end. Creekside is a bit smaller. Take a look at this link if you'd like. If you are there that week, let us know and maybe we can get together for dinner and/or a show.

                Regards:
                Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
                Full-time since March 2017

                2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
                2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

                Comment


                • #9
                  Karen mentioned we could stay at River Plantation if we preferred. We can just as easily stay at Creekside. I wasn't aware of the RVs For Less connection. I'll take a look online.

                  Definitely get together if we're there at the same time.
                  Jim & Barb
                  www.suiteadventure.com

                  2013 Ram 3500, Longhorn, Dually, 4x4, Aisin, 4.10, Transfer Flow Aux/Trax II
                  2014 Hyundai Tucson (grocery-getter)
                  2014.5 Mobile Suites #7039 SOLD!
                  Full timers 2013-2015

                  Previous:
                  Volvo 770
                  2006 Mobile Suites

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jbbdc View Post
                    Karen mentioned we could stay at River Plantation if we preferred. We can just as easily stay at Creekside. I wasn't aware of the RVs For Less connection. I'll take a look online.

                    Definitely get together if we're there at the same time.
                    If they will put you up at River Plantation, stay there. Easier in/out than Creekside, much more big rig friendly, nicer park in my opinon.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 2007dura View Post
                      If they will put you up at River Plantation, stay there. Easier in/out than Creekside, much more big rig friendly, nicer park in my opinon.
                      Thanks for the comparison. We enjoyed RP when we stayed there.
                      Jim & Barb
                      www.suiteadventure.com

                      2013 Ram 3500, Longhorn, Dually, 4x4, Aisin, 4.10, Transfer Flow Aux/Trax II
                      2014 Hyundai Tucson (grocery-getter)
                      2014.5 Mobile Suites #7039 SOLD!
                      Full timers 2013-2015

                      Previous:
                      Volvo 770
                      2006 Mobile Suites

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Anyone with info on the PDI checklist for download or review? We are looking to pickup our 2014.5 in about a month.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X