Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRV Mobile Suites Quality Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DRV Mobile Suites Quality Control

    Everyday I read about everyone’s concerns about DRV Mobile Suites Quality Control issues. I also read about the DRV Service Manager and DRV Director Customer Relations attitudes, failure to honor the manufacture’s warranty, and “complete disrespect to the consumer. DRV Luxury Suites problem is the 2 individuals I have mentioned. Most issues end up referring to these two individuals, and yes they both will look you straight in the eye and say “NO, I’m not going to do that”, “It’s within Spec”, “I don’t care” you get the just.

    I have posted the DRV Luxury Suites Videos Word for Word for a reason. Refer to the following “Prospective Owners Questions”:

    DRV Luxury Suites Videos - Word for Word - Part 2 of 1 posted 05-17-2017, 10:05 AM

    DRV Luxury Suites Videos - Word for Word - Part 2 of 2 posted 05-17-2017, 10:08 AM

    I have personally notified DRV Service Manager and DRV Director Customer Relations about the false advertisement in the videos, brochures, etc. And yes they have shared this information with executives at THOR. DRV Luxury Suites has done nothing to correct the problem. The attitude is if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, or should I say as long as the unsuspecting consumer keeps paying for poor quality products nothing will be done.

    The only way things are going to change in the RV industry is the Consumer needs to start sayingNO” and “Refusing to take possession” to the Dealerships and Manufactures. The DIY attitude only feeds the quality problem. As long as the Consumer continues to take delivery of poorly crafted products the industry will “NOT” change the status quo. We all have to work together to fix a problem we all contributed to.

    For those of you that feel it’s a price point issue, meaning you have to spend more money for quality and you get what you pay for. It appears you have allot of money to burn. Why waste your time on DRV? You should be looking at Space Craft MFG or
    New Horizons RV instead of wasting your money on DRV. (Just a though)

    I’m not ranting I just stating the obvious.

    “To create change, one must create pain.”

  • #2
    Excellent points, and I could not agree with you more. Knowing what I know now, and absent a significant engineering and manufacturing culture change at DRV, I would not purchase another DRV product. Also, as a full-timer for nearly the past five years, with stays at 87 RV parks in 36 states, obviously I come in contact with a lot of fellow RVers. Many of them are initially impressed with the exterior appearance of my MS and stop by to ask me more about it. Many of them are in the market for a new RV. I tell them all that, in good conscience, I could not recommend that they purchase DRV products. The reason I give them does not pertain as much with the defects in engineering and workmanship (although these defects are significant). The reason I tell them that I do not recommend DRV is because of their lack of standing behind their product---the "I don't care" attitude. We were "green", first-time RV owners when we purchased our DRV. Knowing what I know now, I would definitely spend the extra money for a Space Craft or New Horizons product. A mistake is only a mistake if you don't repeat the same action.
    2013 Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
    2012 F350 DRW 6.7L Turbocharged Diesel (3.73)

    Comment


    • #3
      Not all of us has the extra money to lay down for a SC or a NH but I do agree that DRV should put more attention to quality control than it does to glitz. I will say that 10 years ago Doubletree stepped up to the plate and fixed my problems correctly and right away. Now 10 years later I realize that our trailer will absolutely last another 10 years. We do not have all the glitz that the newer ones do but its a solid home for us.
      sigpic
      Bob & Judy Schmader
      2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
      2001 F550 Starhauler
      www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
      IN GOD WE TRUST

      Comment


      • #4
        If I've learned something as a full timer its that all RVs are junk. Its just that some are better junk than others. DRV is better than almost all the 5th wheels out there. Their strength is the frame, running gear, exterior and walls. They also come 'loaded' with good quality standard goodies that only a full timer could want. Everything else is the same as everyone else because its the same junk. (when is somebody going to invent a decent RV gas stove?).

        Now that I have the minor bugs ironed out of mine I'm very pleased with it. No 'show stoppers' with two years on the road.

        That said, I would suggest that at todays prices they are over priced for what you get. I know every inch of mine and am well aware of its flaws. Quality control could definitely improve. As for customer relations I only had to deal with DRV once and came away perfectly happy (shattered a rear window driver side going over a bad bridge abutment at speed shortly after purchase). Hope my luck holds.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dugumr View Post
          ts just that some are better junk than others. DRV is better than almost all the 5th wheels out there. Their strength is the frame, running gear, exterior and walls. They also come 'loaded' with good quality standard goodies that only a full timer could want. Everything else is the same as everyone else because its the same junk. (when is somebody going to invent a decent RV gas stove?).
          I agree and that is why I why I bought my 2016 MS. I was disappointed in the Microwave received as my 2010 Dometic Microwave was superior. I agree on the gas stove, we had oven problems and gas leaks. An independent shop got the stove problems solved under warranty. Later we were told to place a cold stone in the oven bottom which helped but still my wife won't bake a cake.
          We love our washer and drier for the plus side.
          Clay
          Last edited by MS60ocb; 07-31-2017, 09:58 PM. Reason: Cold stove to Cold STONE
          Clay & Marcie
          2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas Generator and other goodies
          2015 Freightliner M2 106
          No Pets

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dugumr View Post
            If I've learned something as a full timer its that all RVs are junk. Its just that some are better junk than others. DRV is better than almost all the 5th wheels out there. Their strength is the frame, running gear, exterior and walls. They also come 'loaded' with good quality standard goodies that only a full timer could want. Everything else is the same as everyone else because its the same junk. (when is somebody going to invent a decent RV gas stove?).

            Now that I have the minor bugs ironed out of mine I'm very pleased with it. No 'show stoppers' with two years on the road.

            That said, I would suggest that at todays prices they are over priced for what you get. I know every inch of mine and am well aware of its flaws. Quality control could definitely improve. As for customer relations I only had to deal with DRV once and came away perfectly happy (shattered a rear window driver side going over a bad bridge abutment at speed shortly after purchase). Hope my luck holds.

            I know of 3 manufactures that currently do install residential gas stoves:

            The RV Factory Luxe and Ambition can upgrade to the Brown Stove Works Inc 24" or 30" Stove/Oven.

            Space Craft Mfg custom 5th wheel
            New Horizons RV custom 5th wheel

            Comment


            • #7
              So, Bonham, I have to ask. Just what is your complaint? Or is it more of a general rant?

              Bill

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry to say but I have discovered the same standards of quality as Dugumr has. I have even joined other RV forums which contain much of the same disenchantments as this one. So if you want to have less go wrong, buy less that will go wrong.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Our DRV contact has been more than I liked, but we have had no issues, I treat them reasonable, and they have with me. I will say we have not had any very major issues. We get after warranty service from them and have been happy. I'm with the thought that if you can buy what you think is better, do it. I guarantee there are people out there that can tell you horror stories about them.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am currently a victim to DRV customer service. Have had catastrophic failure with morryde suspension and ongoing issues with Lippert jacks. I am amazed at the lack of support for its customers DRV has. There solutions don’t exist in my reality is a great way to put it. Of course I have asked DRV to purchase my 38RSBS back from me because I am afraid of what’s going to fail next .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kgb743 View Post
                      I am currently a victim to DRV customer service. Have had catastrophic failure with morryde suspension and ongoing issues with Lippert jacks. I am amazed at the lack of support for its customers DRV has. There solutions don’t exist in my reality is a great way to put it. Of course I have asked DRV to purchase my 38RSBS back from me because I am afraid of what’s going to fail next .
                      If you have posted info on the IS failure where is it and if not please do.
                      39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

                      2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have had my share of issues with our 2012. From the factory our bedroom slide opening was 3/4" out of square. The Schwintek system was band aided to get it to sort if function. It has failed every year we've owned it until this year when I completely disassembled the system and squared everything up. It now works better than when we purchased it. Unit was sent back to DRV twice to have it fixed and they did not take care of it. I really like the layout and the decor of the unit but after 4 pages of quality issues, it really takes the fun out of camping.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X