No announcement yet.

DRV Mobile Suites Quality Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not buy. We bought a 2014 43' and have had nothing but problems after major problems with the unit. Please, please, please do not buy...listen to all the bad reviews and its not just prior to Thor buying DRV out either. We love the interior and have very few problems on the interior other than appliances. I am a full timer and I make most all repairs myself or I would be broke and the coach is well maintained. I am only listing the manufacturer issues and not all the many appliance issues we have had to replace, not repair. The coach cannot handle much towing.

1. Axle almost fell off going down the road. Axle shifted 4" past the other two axles. All four axle hangers to be rewelded and reinforced. Worked on a year later again. Shackels broke this time.
    2. Rubber roof on the front cap caught air, peeled back and had about a 6'x3' area ripped off of roof...molding not screwed down properly.
    3. Many, many screws backing out and falling out on exterior.
    4. Leeking slide seals.
    5. Cheap water hose from washing machine flooded basemant.
    6. Several water connection leaks.
    7. Major stress cracks in the fiberglass exterior walls at the bedroom slide on all four corners. Big cracks that I have to recaulk everytime we pull the RV.

Comment

In my humble opinion there hasn’t been a decent 5er built since Newmar stopped making towables. I can’t comment on Newmars Customer Service because, having owned 2 Newnars, I’ve never had to call customer service……..for anything.

I understand DRV CS used to be good. Then stepped in Thor. Started going down hill almost immediately.
      John & Joyce (with Zoie our 20# companion)
      2018 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
      2019 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4.
      Full-time since 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by WRWGN View Post
        In my humble opinion there hasn’t been a decent 5er built since Newmar stopped making towables. I can’t comment on Newmars Customer Service because, having owned 2 Newnars, I’ve never had to call customer service……..for anything.

I understand DRV CS used to be good. Then stepped in Thor. Started going down hill almost immediately.
        The above persons RV is well before THOR.
        39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Working...
        X