Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 AC's - yes no - not needed, wish you had?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ I am sure that works fine BUT it IMHO is a waste of $$$ as I have 3 ac's and don't turn anything off to run all 3.

Nice to have choices!!!
    39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Cummins is right about that. Why spend the extra to do the exact same thing? KISS

Bill

Comment

The camping groups we are in like to camp in Kentucky State Parks and 30 amps is the only thing available. In Kentucky State Parks the shore power post has a 30amp and a 20 amp plug. So this gives me the option to run two acís on hot days and not be to concerned with Power Management System turning off other appliances.
        Al & Ann Kelty
        2015 Mobile Suite PS3 with Vanity Slide
        2012 Dodge Ram Laramie 3500 6.7 HO
        AMSOIL Bumper to Bumper
        Meg Hytec Transmission and Differential Covers
        Edge Insight
        Trailer Saver Hitch
        Firestone Air Bags
        ReTrax Pro Bed Cover
        TST Tire Monitoring System

Comment

Know this is an older post but will DRV install a mini split in their units? I replaced a 15k dometic with a 12k mini split and we are cooler. Works so good I have plans to change completely to mini splits this fall.
          2012 Chevrolet 3500 dually CM ER Hauler bed with E-Z Floater air hitch . Sold 2006 Doubletree 32TK3

Comment

Since my post came back up and we now have the RV.

Iím glad we ordered the 3rd AC.
            This is the first RV we have had where the ACís are quiet, get cooled down quick and actually cycle on and off.

It was 86 on my pdi day and I was about ready to put a sweatshirt on while testing.

The load management should take care of power issues and the magnum hybrid should take care of what load management doesnít.

Looking forward to when i can test this on 30 amp service.
            Last edited by porthole; 06-13-2018, 02:07 PM.
            Thanks,
            Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
            2011 F-350 DRW

Comment

Just left Palm Springs, CA area at 108 and it's sure nice to have the 3 AC's. One goes down and you won't die waiting to get it fixed!
              39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

We were in Arizona with 108 las trip out...that's when I decided to install a 3rd unit... received the unit and installed it today. Mine is non-ducted, with AC and control unit where the ceiling fan was. I was really hoping MS had run the wire for a 3rd unit, but no it wasn't. Are all three AC ducted together or are they split ducted? I believe our zone one is ducted throughout the RV, but I believe the zone 2 is just the bedroom. Just curious since I have not been inside a MS with 3 factory installed units. I have the installation project on thread. Cheers, Ron

P.S.: hey Cummins12V98 nice clean roof on you unit and nice clean shop you have it in. Got my roof pretty dirty doing the install. I'm cleaning mine when we get back from the coast next week.
                Last edited by Wiredawg Chief; 10-03-2018, 10:56 PM. Reason: added comment.
                2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
                2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

"P.S.: hey Cummins12V98 nice clean roof on you unit and nice clean shop you have it in."

HA, that is at Rolling Retreats in their shop when they were doing the PDI and installing my 240V Commercial Cummins 6500 LP gen.

All three of our AC's are ducted and all three are controlled from the one T-stat.
                  39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Working...
                  X