It's ON for Central Region Rally in Grove, OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's ON for Central Region Rally in Grove, OK

Once again, our vacation plans have changed. Originally we looked at a week in Colorado in late August. Then for reasons I won't get into here, that was changed to Colorado for the week of October 9-15. That would be the week before the Central Region rally, thus making it difficult, moneywise, to get to the rally.

Well, now we've decided to forgo taking the Suites to Colorado and just go up in our Mercury Mariner to see relatives in Canon City, CO. That lets us save a lot of money for the expenses for that trip and the rally is now a guarantee. (Provided I don't die instead. I've never been to Colorado that late in the year, thus I might freeze to death.)

Anyway, for those planning on being at the Grove rally, we are really looking forward to meeting up. We really enjoyed the rally in Carthage last year and getting to meet a lot of great folks.

"Trying" to patiently wait for the event.

Terry
    Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
    2008 Ford F450
    2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Sure wish we could make the rally but had planned a cruise at the same time 10 months ago....have a great time.
    John & Wilma

Comment

The Rally will be great. The weather will be nice and cool and with luck, the Pelican's will still be there, as they migrate through Grand Lake every fall. There are a lot of things to see and do in the area and our host's (Dale & Jan Butler) are making some great plans for us.
      See you all there.
      2005 MS 33RS3 #1800
      2012 Ram 3500 2X4. If you need a 4X4 you are living in the wrong place
      Dick & Dia Downey
      and our Itialian Greyhound, Shalamar
      The Missouri Travelers

Comment

Terry & Jo, Dale and Jan;
        As much as we wanted to be there with all of you at the Rally we will not be able to attend due to heart surgery tomorrow 9/22/11. I will still be in the rocking chair. Well I guess there will be other events so we will see everyone later. Enjoy and God Bless!!!
        [SIGPIC]
        Pat & Sandy Laurendine
        Zoey (Rescue Cocker)
        2014.5 44' Memphis Elite Suites
        2012 F450 Lariate w/ Factory
        Reese 18K Hitch
        Line-X Color Match Spray In Bed Liner

Comment

Pat,

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. I had hoped to meet you sometime while in the area of the rally at Grove. I presume that you will be elsewhere for your surgery, so I'll just have to hope for another day for a face to face.

Terry and Jo
          Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

We so hope to have our Select Suites 38TKSB3 by then. If we do, we will be at the rally and promise to let anyone and everyone who wants it, take a tour of our new rig. Looking forward to putting some faces with the names.

Joe and Debbie
            2014 Dodge 3500 Laramie 4x4 Flame Red Dually 3.73 Aisin transmission
            2012 DRV Select Suites 38TKSB3 #6011

Comment

Just got off the phone with Tony at RV's for Less. Bad news! We are now shooting for getting to Knoxville to begin the ownership process on October 17th. I'm sure that paperwork, PDI, transferring stuff from one rig to the other, and a few days of testing out the various systems will cause us to not be able to make the rally.

That just bites! According to Tony, our rig is finished, but is "on hold" at DRV due to a shortage of some part. He is unable to find out what that part is. I'm thinking maybe refrigerator, but don't know for sure.

You guys have a great rally and we'll see you down the road.

Joe
              2014 Dodge 3500 Laramie 4x4 Flame Red Dually 3.73 Aisin transmission
              2012 DRV Select Suites 38TKSB3 #6011

Comment

GOOD NEWS!! Just got the confirmation, we are headed to Howe, IN. tomorrow and will be picking up the new 2012 Mobile Suites 38TKSB4 and will get to have it at the Rally from the 20-23rd. VERY EXCITING!!! We were praying we would have it in time. Thank You JESUS.

Comment

WHAT IS IT THAT "BOB BARKER" USED TO SAY, COME ON DOWN! Alicia we would love to see your new Suite pull in.
                  Join us at the Rally. I've got some firewood loaded for the nice cool evenings so we can sit by the fire and tell stories. And I think Richard Anderson is going to bring some firewood too, so we should have enough for several nights.
                  2005 MS 33RS3 #1800
                  2012 Ram 3500 2X4. If you need a 4X4 you are living in the wrong place
                  Dick & Dia Downey
                  and our Itialian Greyhound, Shalamar
                  The Missouri Travelers

Comment

Thank you! You will see us pull in sometime on the 20th. I have rented the 1 bedroom house there and a spot for the new unit to park in. This will be our first rally, so we are excited and I have waited all summer for a campfire- finally cooling off!! See you there.

Comment

Should anyone be curious about Alicia's last comment about the 2012 Suites but also the 1 bedroom house, Alicia and Slade are the owners of Rolling Retreats in Elk City, OK. They are the newest (so far as I know) dealers for DRV products. Since the Suites they are bringing is one for sale, that is probably why they will be staying in the 1 bedroom house.

They are good folks and Jo and I have known them for a while. We are really looking forward to seeing what the 2012's look like.

Terry
                      Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Unfortunately, we will not be attending the rally. We are just dropping a note so nobody goes out of their way to see the new rig. We will be in Elk City the rest of the week, so come on by. We will see you guys next year. Hoping everyone has a fun filled Blessed trip. Alicia <><

Comment

102_0574.jpg
                          Pic one of the few pics I took at the rally on Weds.

Comment

Another pic

Comment

Rally Pics

Another pic

Comment

Working...
                              X