Curious About Rallies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbbdc View Post
    We have never joined a brand-specific rv group that charges membership fees. After the recent controversy surrounding Rolling Retreats, I doubt we ever will. For that reason, we won't be attending any SOITC national rallies. I haven't checked whether or not you have to be a paying member to attend regional rallies. If so, we won't do those either.

Several years ago we attended an impromptu rally set up by some of us who enjoyed each others' posts on rv.net. It was a way to put faces to screen names. We picked a date and centralized location. We had a blast! Everyone paid their own way. No fees collected. No sponsors. Nothing but a group of like-minded rv'ers sharing stories, meals, and their families. To me, that's what a rally means.
    What a great idea!
    Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
    Full-time since March 2017

2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
    2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

Comment

Originally posted by chuck_s_jr View Post
      ok I pay the dues because I want to. I gone to Rallies because It was fun and I want to.

The best part You meet people that just like you A DRV Owner of all ages and from other States and Canada.. It was fun and we going to the next SOITC national Rallies.

Happy RVing..
      I have our form completed to join for a 2 year membership and ready to submit it to join SOITC but it appears the membership is January through December. So to get the most benefit from our $$$ I'll be submitting our application January 1, 2014 and look forward to being members of the group.

Comment

MSFSnTEXAS

There is a cutoff month that if you send your membership in it applies to the following year but I don't remember what month that is. But it wont hurt to wait till Jan 1.

Anybody out there remember what month that is?
        Happy Trails To You

Tom & Cheryl Brockman
        2015 39DBRS3, 2011 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins
        S.O.I.T.C. Charter Member
        Retired & Full timing

Comment

Originally posted by jbbdc View Post
          We have never joined a brand-specific rv group that charges membership fees. After the recent controversy surrounding Rolling Retreats, I doubt we ever will. For that reason, we won't be attending any SOITC national rallies. I haven't checked whether or not you have to be a paying member to attend regional rallies. If so, we won't do those either.

Several years ago we attended an impromptu rally set up by some of us who enjoyed each others' posts on rv.net. It was a way to put faces to screen names. We picked a date and centralized location. We had a blast! Everyone paid their own way. No fees collected. No sponsors. Nothing but a group of like-minded rv'ers sharing stories, meals, and their families. To me, that's what a rally means.
          The Indiana rallies are really informal. The host ususally puts together tourist info and plans a group meal or two with everyone pitching in or paying their own way. We do collect $5 from each unit to help with some of the small expenses like donuts and coffee or maybe the meat at a pitch in (covered dish, carry in, whatever its called in your part of the country). A lot of sitting around and sharing is done. Good times!
          Bob and Cherri Strohofer
          2006 38 RL3 #2730
          SOITC Charter Members

Comment

Originally posted by strohofer2730 View Post
            The Indiana rallies are really informal. The host ususally puts together tourist info and plans a group meal or two with everyone pitching in or paying their own way. We do collect $5 from each unit to help with some of the small expenses like donuts and coffee or maybe the meat at a pitch in (covered dish, carry in, whatever its called in your part of the country). A lot of sitting around and sharing is done. Good times!
            Now that sounds like something we'd enjoy!!
            Jim & Barb
            www.suiteadventure.com

2013 Ram 3500, Longhorn, Dually, 4x4, Aisin, 4.10, Transfer Flow Aux/Trax II
            2014 Hyundai Tucson (grocery-getter)
            2014.5 Mobile Suites #7039 SOLD!
            Full timers 2013-2015

Previous:
            Volvo 770
            2006 Mobile Suites

Comment

The two Central Region rallies at Carthage, MO and Grove, OK were both pretty informal as well. Lots of conversation and interaction among the participants as well as usually some kind of "event" for everyone to attend. It all varies, depending on what attractions are available in the area.

Jo and I were sitting in our coach one day and noticed a few of the guys walking from trailer to trailer. Dale Fenton and the others were walking the line and greasing all the Tri-Glide systems on the coaches that had them.

Terry
              Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
              2008 Ford F450
              2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Da Wds View Post
                MSFSnTEXAS

There is a cutoff month that if you send your membership in it applies to the following year but I don't remember what month that is. But it wont hurt to wait till Jan 1.

Anybody out there remember what month that is?
                Check goes in the mail tomorrow. Does a membership provide for any kind of newsletter or publication of any kind? There are 3 other Mobile Suites here in the RV Park where we're full timing. If the weather will ever improve I would like to see if they're members and involved in the club.

Comment

We are officially members of SOITC! We are looking forward to getting involved, however that may be, and getting to meet others on the road. We sold our Airstream last week so this will be a new venture in camping for us because prior to our Mobile Suites we have only been "Airstreamers", having owned 3 previously. But we are really enjoying our Mobile Suites!

Comment

Working...
                  X