MCD Day/Nite Shades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimandsue60 View Post
    A bit of an update on my shade installation. I didn't like the way the white (blackout) shade was laying on the window. It was further away from the window at the top than it was at the bottom. This was because of the way MCD set up the shades. The fabric came over the spool towards the inside of the coach. I took it apart and made it so the shade comes under the spool towards the window. This allowed the shade to sit flat on the window. This also created another issue. The spool was in plain sight. I decided to lower the valance which was very easy. I also decided to add side valances using 1 inch corner round molding and matched the stain almost to perfection! The result is a professional looking job and one that we are extremely pleased with. The side valance also hold the shades against the window to prevent it from bouncing around while traveling. Total cost for the the side valance modification for 9 windows was less than 50 dollars and 4 hours of my time.

Jim

Looks very nice Jim. How did you mount the corner round to the existing wood?

Joe
    2014 Dodge 3500 Laramie 4x4 Flame Red Dually 3.73 Aisin transmission
    2012 DRV Select Suites 38TKSB3 #6011

Comment

With small little wire nails that are fairly easy to remove if needed. I thought about using small wood screws but they would have made larger holes. I did pre drill the moulding so it wouldn't split.

Jim
      2011 Mobile Suites 38 REPS with Vanity Slide # 5683, 2011 Chevy 3500 Dually.
      Our Adventures

Comment

After seeing these on the Elite Suite at the Suites Ralley we have been talking about getting them for 7 windows. I've been on MCD website and the instructions say to put them on the valance. Is this where yours are installed? Do you think it would be easy for us to enstall these? We are both very handy and have done several mods to the coach.
        sigpic

Jerry & Jeri #4998
        2009 38TKSB3
        2010 3500HD LTZ 4X4
        Louisiana Travelers

Comment

They are mounted on the upper window wood trim not the valance. It is a very easy install. I should have done it myself and saved some money.

Jim
          2011 Mobile Suites 38 REPS with Vanity Slide # 5683, 2011 Chevy 3500 Dually.
          Our Adventures

Comment

Thanks. That is what I wanted to hear.
            sigpic

Jerry & Jeri #4998
            2009 38TKSB3
            2010 3500HD LTZ 4X4
            Louisiana Travelers

Comment

Working...
            X