A few new modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few new modifications

We have been admirers of those who participate on this and other sites and appreciate the wealth of information we have received the past 18 months while we have been fultiming in Macon and Augusta, Georgia. We have not participated much due to a commitment with our church that did not allow us a lot of free time. We have now completed this commitment and hopefully we will be able to get out and see this great country of ours and also meet some of you. We will not be full timers again for a few years because we also own a condo in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico where we spend the winters. The suite is our spring, summer and fall home. We decided a few years ago that we wanted something in the States that was more mobile allowing us the opportunity to visit many of the sites in this great country. We had a few things customized to our needs from the factory and have also done a few improvements ourselves. I tried to attach photos to this site but was not successful. The photographs can be viewed at http://dalehandsome.smugmug.com/OurHomes/Mobile-Suites/16243900_Q2z5dv#1220351208_rKviQ

1st - We recently installed doors in the front of the kitchen island which gave us additional usable storage and also made access to the kitchen plumbing a cinch. This was an easy install for the handy man. The doors are available from DRV for $75.00 each.

2nd – When we ordered our unit in 2010 we had them put the fireplace in the corner of island and filling cabinets were the fire place usually goes. We also had them remove the computer keyboard shelf under the desk and put in a pencil/misc. drawer. We love the filing cabinets in this location. They are not large enough for hanging folders but work beautifully with the plastic folders. The TV is a 46” Samsung HD 3D. We installed this and the rest of the entertainments stuff ourselves shortly after we took delivery In May of 2010. This unit with this beautiful and useful desk is what solidified the deal with DRV. I love this desk and this is where I spend much of my time. I found a nice comfortable executive chair on wheels that would slide under the desk when not in use. The corner of the counter overhangs the fireplace and makes a great mantle. The fireplace is also closer to our lazy boy love seat recliner which is nice in cold weather.

3rd – We had the factory install the sliding pantry which is usually only available in the models without the side bath. My wife loves this pantry because it gives her more efficient and usable space. She loves her kitchen and especially the L shaped counter. I have told her of the many comments from owners who do not like the L shape counter because it makes it difficult for two people to work in the kitchen at one time. To this she simply said “just stay out of the kitchen and there will not be a problem”. My friends, this is a no brainer. She is happy in the kitchen and I am happy behind my desk. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL AND SO IS MY WIFE AND HER COOKING!!

Thanks again for all you have taught us.

Dale and Marian Hansen
    38TKSB3

Dale P. Hansen
    www.grumpagladma.wordpress.com
    www.dalehandsome.smugmug.com

Dale and Marian,
    Where in Augusta do you set up. We are from Augusta and just arrived in town Tuesday this week and have our unit in storage. Your unit is beautiful. Was wondering if your love seat is a wall hugger and what would the model# be. We have looked at several Lazy Boy items, just haven't been able to decide on any one piece.

Thanks
    Warren & Edie Robertson
    Warren & Edie Robertson
    2011 RSSB3
    Ford F-350

Comment

The undersink storage is one of the hardest places to utililize. Right now I have mostly cleaning supplies in baskets. Then I can pull one out to reach the clorox bottle or whatever has bounced out fo the baskets.

I noticed our lip on the backside of the Island is much deeper than yours. We have 14"

We are sure enjoying our 46" 3D Samsung. A reviewer said it's almost like looking out of a window. We notice this especially while watching something in 3D. Have found a few discounted 3D movies and DirecTV shows quite a few travel shows. Something pops up on the screen and I want to move my head to look around the post or side of the building. LOL
      Vickie & David
      SOITC #6956

2014 1/4 Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3
      Alicia - Custom kitchen
      2014 F450 KR 4x4
      Titan 65g tank
      2015 Lance 1172

Working Fulltimers since March 2005: Lucky us, we get paid to live like this !!!

Comment

Hi Warren and Edie,

We left Augusta on October 10th. We were staying at the Heritage RV Park on Wrightsboro Rd. Very nice park and reasonable prices. Our Lazyboy love seat is considered a wall hugger. It needs to be 7 to 8 inches away from the wall. It is the Maverick model and I have included a link to go directly to the model. http://www.la-z-boy.com/Product/5623-7295/Maverick-Biscuit-Back-Recliner/ They show the list at around $2300.00. We paid $1300.00 at Nebraska warehouse in Kansas City. It is extremely comfortable! I believe that Terry and Jo also have the same model.

Comment

Hi Dale,

I'm impressed! love the modifications. The body of the hanging folders won't fit at all? Or just no place to hang them?

Vern
          sigpic
          Vern & Barb
          00 Century Freightliner
          06 36TK3
          04 Goldwing Trike
          Owner of Ames Brook Campground Ashland NH

Comment

No place to hang them.

Comment

Dale's link isn't working for me, so try this one:

La-Z-Boy Reclinea-Way Love Seat

If that one doesn't work, you can see pictures of the Maverick style on my Photobucket account, including one picture of the lazy bum (myself) reclining with our two dogs.

Terry and Jo's Mobile Suites

Ours La-Z-Boy Reclina-Way is in what is called the Saddleback color and is a microfiber fabric. I can attest that it sleeps pretty well, and I need one that pretty much lets me get flat for a decent nap.

Terry
              Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
              2008 Ford F450
              2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Draw Hanger1.jpgFile Draw1.jpgDraw Hanger2.jpg
                Hi Dale,

You can make rails to hold your hangers or you buy inserts at your local office supply, just some pics to give you ideas.

Vern
                sigpic
                Vern & Barb
                00 Century Freightliner
                06 36TK3
                04 Goldwing Trike
                Owner of Ames Brook Campground Ashland NH

Comment

Vern, for some reason our file drawers are too narrow to put the files front to back. We tried to find rails at Office Depot, but no luck. So were forced to put the files in without them.

Originally, I used the file drawers as standard drawers and bought an Ikea rolling file cabinet for side table. But when it broke on one of our trips, I happened to correspond with Kent (another Suite owner) and he emailed photos of his custom file drawers and bookcases on either side of his couch. He added a shortened piece of plywood to hold his files in laterally like ours.
                  Vickie & David
                  SOITC #6956

2014 1/4 Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3
                  Alicia - Custom kitchen
                  2014 F450 KR 4x4
                  Titan 65g tank
                  2015 Lance 1172

Working Fulltimers since March 2005: Lucky us, we get paid to live like this !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X