Electrical Schematic wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Schematic wiring diagram

People have ask many MFG's for many years for an electrical schematic and I only know of one MFG that I have seem with such a diagram. It was an American built RV but not made in the USA .
    Chad Heiser got me started on tracing a few wires after he built up his Solar System. I didn't add as much detail nor am I through. But I wanted share what I had. SW 3& 4 was added last year and doing this schematic shows me, I need to add SW 5. Location Location Location. Some day I will find out a way to get to the back of Factory install Kill Switch or put another switch in series .
    I Hope my Schematic/diagram will help someone.

Clay
    2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas with LP Generator, 2 sets of 12 volt battery banks, Power Management & 2800 watt invertor.. Hopefully solar someday but I have a weight problem.
    Clay & Marcie
    2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas Generator and other goodies
    2015 Freightliner M2 106
    No Pets

Clay,
    Thank you, I need to spend some time understanding it. When you say 38PSE/Dallas, what does that mean? Also, what about your weight problem--isn't it rated at 20K?
    I have a '15 38RSSA and a lot of the wiring should be similar, so this will be very useful.
    Joe
    2005 36TK3 #1869
    2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

DRV will not give you a schematic of your unit. I have a 2006 HitchHiker before this DRV and it had a full schematic of the AC and DC systems. Some of out circuits are not even marked as to what the circuit it.
      2016 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab Dually, LTZ
      2017 Mobile Suites 40KSSB4 highly Elited

Sold: 2006 HitchHiker II LS 29.5 FKTG

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut60 View Post
        Clay,
        When you say 38PSE/Dallas, what does that mean? Also, what about your weight problem--isn't it rated at 20K?
        Joe
        We wanted a past though Bathroom which both the 38PS3 and Dallas offered but we didn't like the PS3 bathroom or smaller closet thus the design of the front half being similar to the Dallas. We have can use the bath room, bedroom and refrigerator without moving the slides.
        My gross rating on the RV is 19K and I knew I was over weight within 2 hours of leaving the Dealer, but to late to turn back. People say the GW can't be changed but I gathering info and it won't be cheap. Pin weight runs 5K ( 4950 last month at the rally).

Fireball969 I was always told if your buying an RV get a HitchHiker. We always looked at used models, most seriously in 2004 and 2009-2010 but looking though the paper work that would be provided I don't recall seeing electrical systems. (being in the electrical business I think I would recall). Thanks for informing me as that supports what the name did. Build one of the finest units.
        DRV will tell you they had one Electrician who was involved in building all units. There are many options thus no prints. Now I know the rest of the story.
        Clay
        Clay & Marcie
        2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas Generator and other goodies
        2015 Freightliner M2 106
        No Pets

Comment

My '15 (used) was at 18080 empty/19000gross. Not a lot of room for full-time living. Have heard several comments that everything is the same on the 20k rated units, but not sure can believe it. I am overloaded re gross but not worried about it. I also have never heard of any RVer having been cited for this situation nor have I heard/read of any incident of an RV being overweight and in an accident with legal consequences.
          Thanks for explaining the Dallas part. The PS3 was the only other floorplan my wife considered.
          Joe
          2005 36TK3 #1869
          2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

My 39TKSB3 weighed 18,050# at the Factory new. It weighs 23K now and it's rated at 21K. MORryde said my "Springs" are right where they should be with 17,500# on the four tires. I am within tire ratings and have changed out the pinbox bolts to 3/4 frame bolts. Been full timing with this setup for 3 years with no issues.

Really not sure what the concern is with the RV rating. Bottom line DRV REALLY screwed the POOCH on some of these RV's. They have the same frame, tires, pinbox and suspension as I do.
            They should have been rated at 21k like mine minimum.
            39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Just read this... Mine is rated gross 19K lbs and I weigh 20.2KLbs. Never weighed it empty, so not sure "factory" weight was. I spoke to DRV about the weight rating and the 38RESB3 became the 39RESB3. The rep told me the IS axles/suspension is 8Klbs on mine and 9KLbs on the new unit. So, I'm close on tires and axles, but not over. I'm religious about keeping my tires inflated at 126Lbs and pay attention to their condition. The rep mentioned I should contact MorRyde to see if I can purchase the rubber suspension for the 9Klb rated ones for mine, but haven't done it. I inspect entire unit, especially the rubber on the IS and so far so good. Unit handles very well. Still I may check with MorRyde on options. Cheers, Ron
              2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
              2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

Really are no simple options with MorRyde and the 8k axles. I had MORryde inspect mine at much more weight than you and they said the springs are right where they should be. They said it's a simple job to go to 9k springs but they said all it would do is give a harsher ride and be of ZERO benefit.
                39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

You knw, I'm big on numbers... I'm within a hundred lbs on the tires with tanks full and all the groceries, clothes, and cargo, But I only keep about 15 gal in the fresh and drain the grey/black before departing each stop. I'm not exceeding axles, tires, or pin. I'm good and so are you!
                  2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
                  2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

Working...
                  X