Battle Born LiFePO4 battery upgrade and Inverter/Charger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Born LiFePO4 battery upgrade and Inverter/Charger

It was time to replace the two factory 6 volt batteries so I knew I had to do something. I decided to go the lithium iron route with Battle Born Batteries. With these batteries, we have 200 of usable amp hours in the same space as the old batteries and these batteries should outlive the coach. I also added a Victron inverter/charger because the stock Magnum could not be set to automatically recharge and maintain the LiFePO4 batteries. The new inverter is a 2000 watt so I may want to eventually use that added power somewhere else in the coach, not just the refrigerator.

What I like best about the Battle Born batteries is that they each have an on board management system to protect the battery. I don't have to worry about the special requirements of lithium batteries because the batteries do that for me.

Sounds nice. Any solar? Source/cost of the batteries?
    2005 36TK3 #1869
    2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut60 View Post
      Sounds nice. Any solar? Source/cost of the batteries?
      No solar planned as of now. The cost of lithium batteries is significant. Spread over time, they will outlast several lead acid batteries. I saved a bit on cyber Monday but here is today's cost for the 6 volt replacement:
      https://battlebornbatteries.com/shop...cycle-battery/

Comment

Working...
      X