Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiFi Battery Powered Temperature/ Humidity Warning Device

Friends,
    I ordered and received a Wi-Fi battery powered temperature/humidity warning devicethat sends warning alerts to your cell phone for our RV. I've been researching a while and plan to test this out soon. Ew have two dogs we keep in the RV when traveling and sometimes gone 4 to 6 hours. Always worried power or air conditioning would fail and either make them suffer or worse die from the heat. I plan to set this device in our RV, set my MiFi battery powered Wi-Fi. Now a couple of caveats: you have to have a cell signal on your phone to receive the signal. Anyway, better than nothing. I will post result of the test, but I think this will work.

https://www.amazon.com/MINGER-Temper...-1-spons&psc=1

When I was active duty Air Force, we had auto dialers that would send alerts whenever temperature, humidity, and water exceeded thresholds on critical air traffic control equipment sites. Hoping to do the same for our four-legged kids.

Cheers, Ron
    2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
    2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Do you have an on-board generator? If so, can rig a Auto Gen Start--AGS--for hot temps.
    2005 36TK3 #1869
    2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut60 View Post
      Do you have an on-board generator? If so, can rig a Auto Gen Start--AGS--for hot temps.
      Yes Sir, 6500 watt Onan. Thanks, that is a better solution.

Will follow up with what I find.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

Have an update on using this monitor?
        Thanks,
        Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
        2011 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by porthole View Post
          Have an update on using this monitor?
          Not yet... Find out Monday if I can start walking again after surgery 12 weeks ago. Hope to test Tuesday or Wednesday. Will post as soon as I achieve results.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

Friends,

My batteries on my RV are down to 3.6VDC and am diverting effort to troubleshooting cause.

Wanted to tell y'all in doing research, it look like the power management system on my RV has Auto Gen Start AND the Dometic thermostat has capability to provide output temps to start the ACs. I just have to figure out how to tie them together. So, if anyone has a connection at DRV, could you call and ask? It seems a reasonable requirement. You can find all this cool info in your DRV product info that came with your RV.

Still, more to come after I get this power issue resolved.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

Do you have the big inverter with the remote panel?
              if so the auto gen start parameters are set with the remote.

And if so the procedure depends on which remote you have.

I’m on 3G cell so can’t look anything up.

But if you do have the big inverter and remote and the remote has a “Favs” button next to the inverter button it is the ARC-ME Advanced Remote Control-Magnum Energy and I have the manual for it.
              Thanks,
              Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
              2011 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by porthole View Post
                Do you have the big inverter with the remote panel?
                if so the auto gen start parameters are set with the remote.

And if so the procedure depends on which remote you have.

I’m on 3G cell so can’t look anything up.

But if you do have the big inverter and remote and the remote has a “Favs” button next to the inverter button it is the ARC-ME Advanced Remote Control-Magnum Energy and I have the manual for it.
                Hi Duane,

Thanks for the info. Here is what I confirmed I have:
                - Precision Circuits Inc
                -- Model 00-10025-500 (the one that displays AC amps)
                -- Not sure which I/O Module (either 00-10024-00 or 00-10024-100

- Magnum
                -- Remote Control MM-RC (the one that displays battery charge status)
                -- Inverter/Charger: Model MMS1012

- Progressive Dynamics Inc.
                -- Converter/Charger Series 9200: (specific model not documented, must visually confirm which unit 30 Amps to 80 Amos)

- Dometic
                -- Comfort Control Center 2 Thermostat (has feature to send run and stop signal to Automatic Generator Start (AGS)

I may be misinterpreting the term Generator Run on the Precision Circuits Inc Power Control System "Gen Run" may be a generator monitoring circuit versus a generator control circuit.

My research on what if any auto generator start capability exists on my DRV is briefly on hold while I trouble shoot the dead batteries on my RV. Batteries are a little over 2 years old 2ea 200AH 6VDC deep cycle batteries in series. The batteries water level went below the lead plates over the 12 weeks the RV was in dealer for service. I added water and batteries appeared to recharge and function. They are now reading 3.6VDC at the batteries. Today, I'm going to disconnect and test the batteries an place them on an external charger to see if they will charge.

Finally, thank you for all your help and input.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

Really have poor internet where we are at.
                  But, did you add distilled water?

charger is most likely the 80 amp version
                  after charging and possibly getting voltage back up try running the equalization mode.

Careful with those batteries though.
                  Running dry that long and trying to jump them back to life could cause them to fail, and could fail dramatically.
                  Thanks,
                  Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
                  2011 F-350 DRW

Comment

Duane,
                    Thanks for the reply. Yes sir on the distilled water... be my accounting, what has killed the batteries, I broke my prosthetic ankle right when my 2 month battery check interval was due. Then, I turned RV into dealer for Lippert Level-up issue for 12 weeks, mostly due to delays picking it up from my ankle fusion surgery. So, 5 months no servicing batteries resulted in water dropping exposing plates. I added water and appeared to work for a while. I removed them from the RV today, water level fine, but only reading 3.6VDC. Even though I don't think it will do any good, I placed batteries on a charger to see if they would come back up.

Interesting, the converter is 30A, so the Magnum Inverter/Charger is actually charging the batteries. Seems a little confusing to have TWO devices applying 12VDC to the batteries, but that's what it look like is happening.

I'll report more on this tomorrow when I check batteries and likely replace them.

Thanks again for the help.

Ron

Comment

Friends,

Removed the batteries and after 16 hours on a charger, all cells read worst measurement for specific gravity on a hydrometer. Searched local golf cart batteries and found Duracell with over 1200 verified 5 star reviews so ordered online and picking up today. Changing battery maintenance to monthly, but I think I would not have had a problem with them had I not had the extended medical issue.

Anyhoo, I'll finish this "diversion" and get back to the purpose of the post... should have result of WiFi thermometer next week.

Thanks for the comments and help.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

Friends,

bought new batteries and installed them. Inverter works great off batteries, but with shore power turned on, Inverter not recognizing AC input power. I know this thing is smart, so toggled though the settings, but still should recognize AC input. Anyone know if there is a separate breaker for the incoming power... nothing marked in main but converter.

Anyway, thanks for any help.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

Friends,
                          I was the cause of my own problems with my batteries. I turned off the refrigerator breaker at the breaker panel before turning into the dealer so they wouldn't inadvertently turn on the refrigerator. I DID NOT KNOW the refrigerator breaker also turned off 120VAC to the Inverter/Battery Charger AND the power feed for the REFRIGERATOR runs through the INVERTER/CHARGER. So, when i turned the breaker off, the batteries didn't charge. I also didn't know the battery disconnect on the RV DOES NOT turn battery off to the Level-Up system. Now I'm going to add "Inverter/Charger on the Refrig Breaker.

So, now I'm $350 lighter in the pocket for new batteries, around 20Hours checking circuits, and about to turn RV into dealer again for no 120VAC to inverter.

OK, so later this week I will bring my MiFi into the RV and the Wi-Fi Thermometer for testing and report the results.

Thanks for the patience as I've worked my way through all this.

Cheers, Ron

Comment

Ron=what I've started doing to keep the frig off and everything else working when we don't need it, is to open the outside access door and unplug the frig. Easy and simple. Good luck

Bill

Comment

Bill,
                              Great idea unplugging the fridge. I turned the fridge off pushing plus sign on temp until "OFF" displayed on both freezer and fridge, bit lights stayed on inside. Geesh, be nice to have simple O-F-F switch AND shut ALL power off to it.

Oh, well, for every advancement we make in technology, we take a step back in common sense.

Thanks, Ron

Comment

Working...
                              X