Tire Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Rotation

So help me out... Have any of you rotated your tires on your fifth wheel? If so how often? Annually? by Mileage? If you rotate do you include the spare in the rotation?
    Kent
    2003 Volvo VNL 630
    2016 Mobilesuite
    2010 Smart for2 on the back of the Volvo
    2004 Volvo VLN630
    2007 36 RS3 Mobile Suite
    2007 Suzuki SX4 behind the 5er
    Blog: http://roamingreimers.wordpress.com
    sigpic

Have done it exactly once over 3 sets of tires, and that was because I was having the brakes checked. Just monitor the tires for any unusual wear, then consider whether rotation would help
    rather than finding out is something is out of line.
    Joe
    2005 36TK3 #1869
    2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Have wheels pulled and brakes checked bearings completely cleaned repacked and tires rotated yearly. Preventive maintenance is cheap.

FS
      FS 7561. 41RSSB4 2015 Customized with Elite Upgrades Vanity Slide and Rear Entertainment AirLift Air Bags, Mor/Ryde Pin Box and IS Disc Brakes Trailer Saver TS3 2015 Chevy 3500 4x4 DRW

Comment

I did one time but It was just me doing it, there was no odd tire ware or issues, I thought it should be done. Now unless there is some real reason to move them they stay in place.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Stacey & Gail
        E.W.I.G. (Ex-Weigh-It-Guy)
        '04 36 TK3 / SOITC #1341
        '99 Int'l LoPro MDT
        See Bill & Joan's New Adventure Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com

Comment

Complete waste of time. If you have a wear problem, fix the problem. Balance the tires? YES!
          39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

The only time I have rotated tires is if the wheels are already coming off for some other reason like balancing or bearing and brake maintenance like we did when we arrived at the Park we are staying at for the winter. We have 16,000 miles on the 5er and there is no tire wear issues at all. I totally agree with Cummins12V98 about tire balance, it is a necessary thing to do.

Comment

We have 29,000 miles on our MS. Although I constantly monitor my tires for pressure and unusual wear, I have never rotated them and they have worn evenly and are in very good condition.
              2013 Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
              2012 F350 DRW 6.7L Turbocharged Diesel (3.73)

Comment

Rather than have a $450 spare tire rot because it is not getting use, I do a 5 tire rotation each year figuring it will extend the life of the set by about 20% more miles. I do this when I pull the tires to check brakes and bearings.
                2016 38 RSB3
                2014 F350 Lariat Diesel Dually

Comment

Thanks for the counsel. Great points made, and a good reminder that an annual inspection of brakes and bearings is essential. I did also think that rotating the spare into the mix would keep it a much more viable tire. If it were to sit in the tire well for 6 years unused I would be hesitant to take it off and use it if needed. In fact that was part of the reason for my question. Our last DRV we had for 6 years and in the last year I had a tire go out and put the spare on but only long enough to get to a dealer at half speed to replace it, because I didn't trust a 6 year old never used spare.
                  Thanks for the input
                  Kent
                  2003 Volvo VNL630
                  2016 Mobile Suite
                  2010 Smart for2 on the back of the truck
                  2004 Volvo VLN630
                  2007 36 RS3 Mobile Suite
                  2007 Suzuki SX4 behind the 5er
                  Blog: http://roamingreimers.wordpress.com
                  sigpic

Comment

We generally put 15-20k miles on per year and return home for part of the summer in late April. I have the shop and tools so I jack up the unit using the leveling system and remove all of the tires and do a complete inspection and mainterance of all things below. Since the tires are off anyway I rotate them when finished. Never gave much consideration to the spare as we usually trade before the tires need changing, but I do think that is a really good idea.
                    Good luck in your choice

Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X