Replacement Tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Tires

It's time to replace our tires, has anyone had any experience with Sumitomo Tires?

I replaced mine with the same brand Goodyear 17.5". Those served me well and didn't want to change.
    sigpic
    Bob & Judy Schmader
    2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
    2001 F550 Starhauler
    www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
    IN GOD WE TRUST

Comment

If you want to go the Chinese made route the Sailun tires have by far the best reputation. Personally I ONLY buy US Made GY's for my RV's. The GY "H" tire has a stellar record. I have heard of only two tires that the center tread came off leaving the outer edges in place. The two tires did not loose any pressure. If there was damage GY paid and also replaced the tire.
      39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Sumitomo is a world wide tire company, they have been trying to break into the US market for a while. I had their performance tire on one of my Corvette's but I never auto-crossed with them. So all I can say is they are OK.

They are generally a little cheaper and that's why people buy them, but I got to go with Bob and say stay with GY, might be more money but worth it.

Sumitomo is a Japanese company not Chinese.
        Last edited by jimmac28; 02-03-2017, 11:49 AM.
        2016 40 KSSB4
        2016 F350 DRW Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by jimmac28 View Post
          Sumitomo is a world wide tire company, they have been trying to break into the US market for a while. I had their performance tire on one of my Corvette's but I never auto-crossed with them. So all I can say is they are OK.

They are generally a little cheaper and that's why people buy them, but I got to go with Bob and say stay with GY, might be more money but worth it.

Sumitomo is a Japanese company not Chinese.
          Do you know where their "H" rated RV tires are made?
          39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post

Do you know where their "H" rated RV tires are made?
            Good question, Sumitomo tires are manufactured in Japan, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Brazil and South Africa. In 1997, Sumitomo formed a joint venture with Goodyear Tire that ended in 2015, to manufacture Dunlop tires and tires for each other. Sumitomo still makes Dunlop tires and tires for other manufactures,

Now can I tell you where Sumitomo H rated RV tires are made, no, but Goodyear thought enough of them to make tires for them. They are not a China bomb company.

Sumitomo makes a lot of semi truck and trailer tires here in the US, so they should make a good RV tire.

But I still will buy Goodyear or Michelin.

2016 40 KSSB4
            2016 F350 DRW Platinum

Comment

mks,
              What size tires are you needing to replace?
              2005 36TK3 #1869
              2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Working...
              X