38RSSB3 Tire time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 38RSSB3 Tire time

Time to replace my Goodyear G114 215/75/17.5 tires, thinking about Yokohama RY023 235/75/17.5 increase load rating (6000lb) plus 75 mph speed rating although I don't tow over 70. Any thoughts? Just never been a big fan of Goodyear.

How old? Wearing odd? I had Sailun S637s on my '05 when I traded for the '15--they were going strong with more than 25k miles on them including a trip to AK. Very low cost compared to other 17.5s, and have not heard any bad reports on them. Other than that, you have the Michelin/Bridgestone/Hankook/Yokos/Sumitomo and others to choose from.
    2005 36TK3 #1869
    2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

The Goodyears are wearing great but they are 5 years old, I have checked out a lot of tires online and most either don't carry the weight or they have a 65 or less speed rating. I prefer Toyo but the 143 won't carry the weight and their 1430 has a 62 mph speed rating. Does anybody know the wheel width?

Comment

Its either 6.0 or 6.5 inches.I believe any of the 215/225/235 x 17.5s witll fit just fine. Maybe even a 245, if you really want to get some capacity over what you have. I ran Michelins for the first 4 years I had the 17.5s, had 2 tread separations. Changed to Coopers for 3 years, curbed hard and ruined alignement. Fixed that and put the Sailuns on and never looked back.
        The '15 I just got has GYs on it, so will see how they do.
        2005 36TK3 #1869
        2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

I used to run Yoko's on my big trucks. Good tire and a good value for the money in my opinion

Bill

Comment

I run continentals from trailer and tire and have been great going on 7 years, yea I now I'm biting the bullet this spring for new set. See these on the front of a lot of commercial trucks.

Comment

I replaced my GY with another set of GY's. I had no problem with my first set of 17.5's and figured why not. In another couple years I'll put the GY's on again, God willing.
              sigpic
              Bob & Judy Schmader
              2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
              2001 F550 Starhauler
              www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
              IN GOD WE TRUST

Comment

I can get the Yokohama RY023 235/75/17.5 for $354.00/ tire mounted & balanced where as the Goodyear's 215/75/17.5 are over $400.00 per tire, and that does not include mounting or balancing just does not seem worth it

Comment

Originally posted by bob schmader View Post
                  I replaced my GY with another set of GY's. I had no problem with my first set of 17.5's and figured why not. In another couple years I'll put the GY's on again, God willing.
                  The GY 17.5 "H" rated tires have a 75mph rating. I think I am about the heaviest anyone is on their two axle RV, my scale weight is 17,500# on the axles with 23K GVW. I still have capacity at that weight with 4,8053 per [email protected] I have NEVER even had a flat on any of the 5 sets of GY tires with many thousands of miles. Personally I will be running my GY "H" tires for 7 years. GY is the ONLY one that WILL replace the tire and pay for damages.

I am so confident in my GY tires I don't run a tire monitoring system. I replaced my NEXEN tires with 200 miles on my Dually with Michelin MS2's. Tires are not something I am willing to take a chance on.
                  39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

The Goodyear G114 only come in 215/75/17.5 not what I want, they also carry a 4 year warranty the Yokohamas come in the larger size with the 75 mph speed rating, increase carrying capacity is a plus, also they come with a 6 year carcass guarantee.

Comment

I ran Sailun tires on my last trailer. They also have a 75 mph rating. They are a very good tire and are popular in the trucking world. They come in the 215 and 235 size for 17.5 wheels. They are also typically cheaper than other brands. I bought mine from Trailertireandwheels.com and was happy with their service. I would consider putting them on my new trailer when the time comes to replace tires.
                      2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
                      2017 Mobile Suites 40KSSB4

Comment

Originally posted by Garry&Gayle View Post
                        The Goodyear G114 only come in 215/75/17.5 not what I want, they also carry a 4 year warranty the Yokohamas come in the larger size with the 75 mph speed rating, increase carrying capacity is a plus, also they come with a 6 year carcass guarantee.
                        Sounds like you picked your tires, Yokohamas are a good tire good luck.
                        2016 40 KSSB4
                        2016 F350 DRW Platinum

Comment

I ran the Continental HTL2 Eco Plus in a 235-75-17.5 on my last coach and was very pleased. 5675 rating per tire and load range J. No sidewall flex and ran a lot cooler than the GY 215s that came with this new coach. About 1/2" taller tire than the 215s so no problems. I'll probably replace mine with the Continental when the time comes....
                          2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suites
                          2016 Western Star 5700xe
                          Our YouTube Channel

Comment

Those Sailun tires are really inexpensive, like half the price of the Yokohamas, plan on doing more research into them. Thanks for the info.

Comment

You have made up your mind but please explain "The Goodyear G114 only come in 215/75/17.5 not what I want" ?
                              39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Working...
                              X