goodyear G114

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goodyear G114

have one tire with a groove wearing in @ 2 inches from outside edge. movied tire to front curbside axle from rear curbside axle , back tire appears OK . anybody having this kind of issue with mor/ride suspension . coach is 2016 41RSSB4 with 9 K axles. any input is appreciated . going to goodyear commercial tire center for warranty , I hope !!!

Goodyear is usually pretty good with their warranty.

Comment

I was told that groove was from internally a cord has broken, I would expect them to replace that tire.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Stacey & Gail
      E.W.I.G. (Ex-Weigh-It-Guy)
      '04 36 TK3 / SOITC #1341
      '99 Int'l LoPro MDT
      See Bill & Joan's New Adventure Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com

Comment

Yes take it to a GoodYear DEALER and have it replaced before the center tread comes off as it WILL.

Be sure to have a regional rep there if possible then they will just replace it without having to be analyzed. I had one center tread come off with NO air loss as is the norm with the "H" tires and two more that has the center 3 ribs raising up higher than the outer two ribs.
        39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

UPDATE !!!! was sent to a " tire dealer" in BUTTE,MT . only thing HE could DO was sell me a different ( CHEAPER ) tire ! called GY again , now on our way to SPOKANE,WA -- commercial tire dealer. HERES HOPING !!!

Comment

Hey, ARCliz,
            Can you see any mountains up there or just the smoke? It was horrible while we were in Portland/Mt Rainier/Kalispell area.
            2005 36TK3 #1869
            2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

I'm experiencing cupping and belt separation on at least two of my G114s. I took delivery of my MS just a year ago. I've got less than 20,000 miles on the tires. The Goodyear dealer I buy my car tires from doesn't work on H class commercial tires so he referred me to Goodyear corporate. I opened up a claim and got the contact info. for my local rep. He did some research and has put me in touch with a dealer who is familiar with 114s. There's nothing in my warranty packet about tires so I'm going into the meeting with nothing but my tires, whatever warranty is standard for them and a smile. I'll post the result to the group for whatever it's worth.

Comment

WELL, got a new tire and it only cost me $128.00 . Orginal tire with @ 20 k miles. I'M HAPPY !!!! have to go to Goodyear Commercial tire dealer , regular guys d'not carry our tires! GOOD LUCK Openmind , Goodyear WILL do the right thing!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ARCliz View Post
                  WELL, got a new tire and it only cost me $128.00 . Orginal tire with @ 20 k miles. I'M HAPPY !!!! have to go to Goodyear Commercial tire dealer , regular guys d'not carry our tires! GOOD LUCK Openmind , Goodyear WILL do the right thing!!!!!
                  You got bent over by someone!!! They ALWAYS replace the tire at no cost.
                  39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Working...
                  X