RAM auto-level rear air suspension system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM auto-level rear air suspension system

Iím in the market for a new RAM 3500 dually in preparation for going full time this year. Does the auto-level rear air suspension system provide any real value from a utility stand point, i.e. ride comfort, rear load leveling, etc.? I have looked at dealerís inventory online in a 6 or 7 state area and have not seen one truck equipped with the auto-level rear air suspension system. If it is really a good option to have I may have to order a truck rather than choose from existing dealer stock.

Thanks
    Mike

PM sent..........
    2015 Ram 3500 RC 4x2, DRW, CTD, Aisin, 410 rear

2015 Mobile Suites 38 RSB3 on order.

Comment

I have not towed with mine yet. So far the ride is improving as the springs and suspension settles in. I like that the truck does not sit AZZ high and when towing it will set level with a slight rake to the front and will maintain that stance all the way up to the rear axle rating. It calcs out to about 6K pin max.

I can't comment on loaded ride yet but I am sure it will be good. On my 11 Dually I added air bags and changed to Bilstien shocks to help with some of the horrible roads. So by the time I added bags, tank, Compressor, air horns and in cab controls I was not too far away from the factory air price of $1,356.

39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Good looking truck. What hitch and toolbox do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by OToole View Post
          Good looking truck. What hitch and toolbox do you have?
          Thank you! I am glad you asked. I like to show off both as I think they are the best on the market. Hitch is a B&W RVK3600 and the toolbox is a HighwayProducts bed height 30" front to back. The toolbox came out of my 98 RAM it shoehorns perfectly between the D hooks down low and towards the front sides of the bed. If you order the box for the 15 RAM it will have about 2" of space on each side probably so you can hook to the D hooks. I like mine with the tight fit! Hitch is rated at 25K and 6,500b pin.

39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Here is a pic of the truck in towing mode. This is the height it will maintain up to max rear axle load.

39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

That is the same hitch I have been looking at. I've been thinking of a tool box fuel tank combo but haven't decided yet. Will need a toolbox at a minimum. Looks like there is still room to install a bed cover if need be. Nice set up.

Comment

Originally posted by OToole View Post
                That is the same hitch I have been looking at. I've been thinking of a tool box fuel tank combo but haven't decided yet. Will need a toolbox at a minimum. Looks like there is still room to install a bed cover if need be. Nice set up.
                Thanks!

I lucked out on the toolbox. I found it on CL several years ago and used it in my 98 RAM then moved to the 11 now the 15. The box sells for over $1,000. Expensive but well worth it IMHO.

If anyone decides to buy one of these boxes order it for a 94-02 RAM it shoehorns in nicely. The one for the newer RAM's will be about 2" smaller on each side so a person could use the "D" hooks on the front sides of the bed. I would never use the "D" hooks so I lucked out with mine fitting so good from the older RAM.
                39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Here is a pic with the mew MS attached. With 100 gallons of fresh water on board here are the weights. It will look the same up to 9,750 rear axle rating.

Front 5,460 rear 9,580 = 15,040

Trailer axles 17,500 total weight 32,540#

39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

good luck stopping it if you loose the 1 wire running the trailer brakes. with a trailer that weighs twice as much as the truck , tail wag the dog

Comment

Originally posted by Dwain&Debbie View Post
                      good luck stopping it if you loose the 1 wire running the trailer brakes. with a trailer that weighs twice as much as the truck , tail wag the dog
                      You think a SemiTractor will stop a 100K plus load when the trailer brakes don't work?
                      39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

I know my Freightliner will stop a 21K trailer load if the trailer brakes aren't working..... been there, done that....
                        2012 Freightliner M2-112 with DD13, Allison 4000 and Trailer Saver

2015 38RSSA Elite #7598

Comment

Cummins,

Just now happened to notice in your pic that you have a tandem axle trailer. Those are 8,000 pound axles, are you actually running 17,500 pounds on axles with a total of 16,000 pound capacity?
                          2012 Freightliner M2-112 with DD13, Allison 4000 and Trailer Saver

2015 38RSSA Elite #7598

Comment

I noticed that too.....has to 8000# axles.
                            sigpic
                            Bob & Judy Schmader
                            2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
                            2001 F550 Starhauler
                            www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
                            IN GOD WE TRUST

Comment

Yes, Not too worried about it they are MorRyde and the tires are still under ratings.

This RV should have 3 axles but I am not worried a bit.
                              39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Working...
                              X