Under Slide Flex Guard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Slide Flex Guard

The guard that holds cables wires needs replacing under kitchen slide front. Last repair the tech cut the torn end and used self tappers, and it Is tearing away from slide again
    What is the product I need and the degree of difficulty installing. I think they're called quic draws.
    JTS
    2014 TKSB3

I've repaired these before by installing a butt hinge between the slide and the end of the cable carrier. I used small bolts to attach the hinge to the carrier.
    Bill M, Ontario, Canada
    2015 MS 38RSSA #7348.
    2009 Ram Dually Diesel, 68RFE, 4.10 axles.
    In Good I Trust

Comment

That has been the tried/true repair for most of the breaks in those plastic guards--as mentioned, small bolts but use flat washers on the plastic side to distribute pressure. Look for a plated hinge so it won't rust too soon. And keep an eye on it, might break again if they installed too short a piece originally. They also break where they are attached to the outer slide wall.
      2005 36TK3 #1869
      2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Just to confirm, the end attaching to the slide wall tore and was reattached, now the piece is stretched and will eventually tear from the self tappers on the box channel support on the slide.
        So is the fix with the hinge to piece the guard to elongate it or to tie in directly to the slide?
        JTS
        2014 TKSB3

Comment

In my experience, the breaks have always been in the middle (add the hinge) or at the end where the screws are used to attach. If at the end, just cut off the broken piece and reattach--temp, as it will break again. Look at it good and watch it as the slide closes--you will figure out how to fix it. If already too short for the reach, it will just break again. Need to get a newer one from DRV/Cross RV. Couple of sizes, so measure before asking for a replacement--won't hurt to go couple inches longer, but not shorter.
          2005 36TK3 #1869
          2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

If you need to order, here is link to parts from LCI:

https://www.lci1.com/flex-guard
            2005 36TK3 #1869
            2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Sounds like JTS's issue is different from mine. The only one I'm having trouble with is the rear support for the cabling of the kitchen slide, and mine breaks at the frame and not at the outer slide. I did the hinge fix and it worked for a time, but it has broken yet again. I'm not sure as to whether to order a new "strip support" or find another solution. I don't have the tools to attach a support to the skirt of the slide.

Terry
              Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
              2008 Ford F450
              2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

LCL has the market on flex guards. Hinge attached to RV and 5 self tapping screws for slide. Instructions for install are to rethread all wires and hoses. LOL nonsense, to me I'll use the existing hose holders or just cut the new ones. I'm ordering one, anticipating mine to break away from screws, again. Told LCL that the engineering needs improving. They never replied. The guards are cheap $37 and cheaply made. Some folks don't even notice they have broken guards, from looking at parked RVs.
                JTS
                2014 TKSB3

Comment

Working...
                X