No announcement yet.

Where can I find the location of the filters for the air conditioner/heat pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find the location of the filters for the air conditioner/heat pump

I was reading the operating instructions manual for the Dometic thermostat, and in the manual under the "maintenance" section, it talks about replacing the "air conditioner/heat pump air filters."
    Does anyone know where the filters are located in our units?
    I have a 2018 MS 36RSSB3.
    Thanks, David.

There are two return air vents in the ceiling in our living room and two in the bedroom ceiling. Two screws retain each return vent, there's filter material located behind (above) them. You should be able to remove, wash and replace. We only have two AC units so we have a total of four, not sure if there are more return vents with three AC units in case you have three Acs. Hope this helps

Dan

Comment

These filters need to be washed frequently if your using the AC's a lot. Like every 2 weeks.
      sigpic
      Bob & Judy Schmader
      2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
      2001 F550 Starhauler
      www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
      IN GOD WE TRUST

Comment

You can buy the same filter media at any hardware store.
        39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Thanks guys. I washed them out and replaced them thanks to all of your help. I was surprised (not really) to find out that DRV cut them half-hazardly and they werenít covering the entire opening. I will go to the hardware store and make my own. Maybe even double them up since they seam very porous and loose media.

Comment

Originally posted by David&Sheryll View Post
            Thanks guys. I washed them out and replaced them thanks to all of your help. I was surprised (not really) to find out that DRV cut them half-hazardly and they werenít covering the entire opening. I will go to the hardware store and make my own. Maybe even double them up since they seam very porous and loose media.
            I would be hesitant to double up the filter media. The A/C's need to have good air flow to cool properly and also not freeze up. I clean our filters every 4-5 weeks when using the A/C constantly. However we also spend most of the warm months in the Great Lakes area which do not get dusty. Have done this since day one of owning our rig. In 13 yrs. of owning it, I just pulled the secondary covers inside the units this summer to check and clean the actual cooling coils that cool the inside air. I was actually surprised how clean the fins and coils still were. So not much gets past the single sheet of foam media they use.
            Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
            2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

Originally posted by RickandJaniceBinns View Post

I would be hesitant to double up the filter media. The A/C's need to have good air flow to cool properly and also not freeze up. I clean our filters every 4-5 weeks when using the A/C constantly. However we also spend most of the warm months in the Great Lakes area which do not get dusty. Have done this since day one of owning our rig. In 13 yrs. of owning it, I just pulled the secondary covers inside the units this summer to check and clean the actual cooling coils that cool the inside air. I was actually surprised how clean the fins and coils still were. So not much gets past the single sheet of foam media they use.
              Sounds good. I wonít double the media up. Pulled my roof covers off this year (year 2.5) and fins clean as a whistle. Just had to get rid of a couple of small, mud dabber, wasp nest in there, thatís it. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Just FYI, there are two set of coils. The ones we all see when we first pull the covers. These are the ones that pull the heat out of the refrigerant and only use the outside air to do that. Then at the other end of the unit, there is a "box" that is sealed from the rest of the unit. By removing the top cover from this "box", by removing about 6-8 screws around the edge, the inside coils can then be accessed. Only inside air is pulled across these coils to cool the air inside of the rig. Just an FYI, because most people only think about cleaning the outside coils which are visible and do need cleaning the most often. If the A/C is ran without filters or with inadequate filters, these inside coils can also build up dirt which will affect the cooling effeciancy too.
                Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
                2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

Originally posted by RickandJaniceBinns View Post
                  Just FYI, there are two set of coils. The ones we all see when we first pull the covers. These are the ones that pull the heat out of the refrigerant and only use the outside air to do that. Then at the other end of the unit, there is a "box" that is sealed from the rest of the unit. By removing the top cover from this "box", by removing about 6-8 screws around the edge, the inside coils can then be accessed. Only inside air is pulled across these coils to cool the air inside of the rig. Just an FYI, because most people only think about cleaning the outside coils which are visible and do need cleaning the most often. If the A/C is ran without filters or with inadequate filters, these inside coils can also build up dirt which will affect the cooling effeciancy too.
                  Thank you Rick for that additional information. I didnít know about the second set of coils. Iíll be sure to tackle that project and inspect their condition soon, especially since my factory filter media was haphazardly placed and my ACís have been working overtime this year. Thanks again!

Comment

"Maybe even double them up since they seam very porous and loose media."

IMHO a bad idea. WAYYY too much restriction.
                    39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Working...
                    X